This country needs more people like MLK Jr.

• Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

If there were only more people like him there would be more holidays and I’d have more fishing time. Monday is one of the only days of the year I’m happy to be a public servant with a state job. I hope Marty was a fisherman, he definitely took one for the team. There has to be lakes and rivers to fish in Heaven!

Almost forgot, I posted this because it seems everybody else has to work so I’m fishing alone. If there’s anyone in my area willing to call in sick with a recurring eye problem and can join me please let me know.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

“recurring eye problem”-would that be a malady called “anal glaucoma”? Most prominent symptom is that you just can’t see your a$$ coming to work. rotflol

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

“recurring eye problem”-would that be a malady called “anal glaucoma”? Most prominent symptom is that you just can’t see your a$$ coming to work. rotflol

. rotflol rotflol rotflol that is a good one Rev!!!

lundojam

I hope he was fisherman, too. My annual MLK panfishing weekend got cancelled, so I’ll be out on my own this weekend, too.
    Of course, the other reasons we need more people like Dr. King are because of his guts, determination, and ability to “walk the walk” as well as “talk the talk.” Only 39 when we was killed, he’d be 86 now.
    Just sayin’.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ve used the I can’t come in I got a problem with my eye, I can’t see myself coming in today.

Government is our client, so for the first time in my life I get the banker holidays off. Wish you were here, I need a partner on Monday too. Hope to get out on the St. Johns in a rented Jon boat. The only problem is my time is limited because my pug needs to get medicine for his eye in the afternoon, although Michelle did offer to take him alone.

TripleA
    Blaine

If everyone worked for the government the lakes would be fished out! whistling

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

Where you fishing Monday, Gregg? I have the day off too. Thinking of chasing lakers on Big Green for a few hours in the morning.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

I will be on the hardwater as well Monday. I have my 20 plus years in as a Federal employee. I will be 60 in a few months and hope to retire in the next 2-3 years.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Ripley in Cambridge is only 8 miles from my house. We’ve been going ok on gills there and weather Monday is looking great for hole hopping.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Jeez, plans change quick. Had a good day on gills and crappies yesterday but a tough day on the gear. I broke a rod, broke a reel, lost my 2 favorite tungsten gold jigs, went to Walmart and they were sold out of replacements and panfish ice line. But worst of all my Showdown Troller went on the fritz and I just sold my backup units eariler this year.

Top that off with an offer to join an IDO buddy on Poygan which I turned down becuase I was suppose to meet up with a other couple guys this morning only to wake up to a couple text messages that neither one will be making it out today.

What’s left? Tip-up fishing and dead sticking? Not sure I have patience for jigging blindly like the old days.

Just curious, does anybody ever dead stick with a plain hook and split shot anymore rather than using a jig or spoon and have any success? Plain hook and split shot is my go to summer pannie presentation but I never see anybody fish that way under ice. If I lose too many more tungsten jigs at $2+ each I might have to try it myself soon now that I need to save for a new flasher.

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

Where are you thinking of going tomorrow? I know a guy that has an extra LX-5, but I work until 7:30 tomorrow morning…. Gimme a call or a PM….

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks for joining me yesterday Al. I ended up cleaning 17 gills and my flasher held up yesterday after failing again on Sunday. Melting surface ice has made conditions here slicker than my bald head. I forgot my creepers Sunday and gave up after an hour and a half because it took almost everything I had just to stay upright. I had fish biting dead sticks but couldn’t move fast enough to get them and found if the rods weren’t with reach I was better off packing them up.

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

Thanks for the invite, had a good time. That was a pretty nice pile of fish too, good to see you got a meal out of them. I was kinda surprised how big of a zoo it was out there….. And I’m glad I brought my big cleats too as it was definitely slick out, Bubbs was even taking it pretty slow. Good luck if you get back out there this weekend, I think there’s a fisharee Saturday too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.