Things are set to get sloppy…

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

This forecast is going to shave some time off the ice season. doah

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20170210-070352.png

Charles

As much as I love ice fishing, its nice to be sitting in a boat some days haha.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

As much as I love ice fishing, its nice to be sitting in a boat some days haha.

Those temps are definitely going to knock some time off the ice season.

Austin Root

Time to lace up those cleats and start hoofing it. This is the end of trucks on the ice for sure!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I love late ice !!!

Austin Root

I love late ice too! Just not in the middle of February lol.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Really sad to see those temps hope it holds for a few more weeks. Looks like it drops later this month.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I love late ice too! Just not in the middle of February lol.

Good Point !!!

I see late ice here being early march… just getting to the back bays safely is the most important part !!

Austin Root

Yeah I am in Minnesota about 50 miles south of the metro. We have a solid 18 to 20 inches on area lakes so it wont disappear overnight. Just might have to walk for the rest of the season.

KP
    Hudson, WI

This winter has been depressing! It started out pretty good in early December and once Christmas hit it just hasnt been that great. Hopefully it cools back down after this warm up.

Austin Root

My local forecast says 30s 40s and even 50s for at least the next 15 days. That’s not good for ice.

Charles

I wonder what march will bring for snow?

Im looking forward to the nice weather. It’s still going to refreeze most nights. I’m guessing we’ll maybe shave a week or two off the season when this all shakes out, especially when you look north a bit.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

This weather thoroughly disgusts me. mad

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I wonder what march will bring for snow?

That is the nastiest post on this thread. You probably enjoy watching the grinch also. rotflol

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Bring on the global warming. I want 70’s by the end of Feb. And no snow.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

As long as it’s going to be warm, I’m going down to Preston and fly fish for Trout.

Stopped by the 494 access this afternoon. Mike W has the ramp open, and there are lots of icebergs floating by.

SR

bigstorm
    Southern WI

The way it looks now, Im guessing I only have this weekend and the next 2 for ice fishing in southern WI, just like last year flame

Chandler Husbye
    Michigan Upper Peninsula (Bay de Noc area)

With how the ice season has been on Bay de Noc I am more then ready for open water.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Pretty soon we wont have winters anymore #climate change

Iowaboy1

here south of I-80,the dnr is saying to stay off of all of the lakes,north of 80 is sketchy at best depending on how far north you go.
    most all lakes and ponds around me and south are open or close to it.
    a week ago,I had a kingfisher show up on the small river next to my house.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I would suppose the ice season for the most part ends at the end of February when walleye and pike and whatever other game fish end. At least in my small world, although some years I’ve done some panfish seeking through March. Question/worry is if ice holds out ’til end of February this year. Sure hoping so, otherwise the Great IDO bash at Mille Lacs could be bashed!

nubbinbuck

Truck went thru on Grays Bay today.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

just walked down to landing expected it to be wetter assuming the clouds are helping once the sun comes out probably a different story. Saw that truck went through on grays bay. Brothers friend was on his lunch break and saw it go through. is that an area that usually have problems? never ice fished Tonka have heard you have to know where your going ice fishing.

bendvoracek
    Eden Prairie, MN

Ug,
    This weather is killing me!!! I ordered 2 TUCR Bullwhips 3 weeks ago and the leadtime was 4-5 weeks so I dont know if I will get a chance to use them this Ice season or not:(

nubbinbuck

just walked down to landing expected it to be wetter assuming the clouds are helping once the sun comes out probably a different story. Saw that truck went through on grays bay. Brothers friend was on his lunch break and saw it go through. is that an area that usually have problems? never ice fished Tonka have heard you have to know where your going ice fishing.

I fish Grays bay a few times each winter. Where the issues arise, is over by the channel. This is where I assumed he went down. I was out a little over a week ago, and the launch was in fine shape. A bit odd, but so is this winter….

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Ug,
    This weather is killing me!!! I ordered 2 TUCR Bullwhips 3 weeks ago and the leadtime was 4-5 weeks so I dont know if I will get a chance to use them this Ice season or not:(

Like us Minnesota Viking fans always say, “there’s always next year”! jester

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Here’s the updated forecast for MPLS.

That run of upper 40s and 50s is going to make a mess of the ice here locally. We had this same scenario last winter when we had a big warm up that trashed a lot of ice and then it got cold again making fishing in boats miserable.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20170212-092230.png

Austin Root

So any chance we will be walking on ice next week in southern mn? Had my truck on 17 inches today by mankato mn.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.