Stand Your Ground?

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Has anyone hear what’s going on with the Stand Your Ground law?

I heard on CNN the other day that 15 states were considering it and MN was one of them.

At this point, I’m not sure what exactly the law is (which is why I’m asking), but from my limited understanding, this is a law that will allow a conceal carry permit holder to stand their ground and use deadly force without having to flee as the case law reads now.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

They reference Florida catching up to most states but MN is in the same boat. They need to catch up as well because not only do they not have SYG they don’t even recognize your home as your castle. If you shoot an unarmed burglar that breaks into your home now, you are likely getting prosecuted. The new law in Florida makes sense to me. And finally no C&C post would be complete without referencing Wisconsin’s ridiculous lack of support for C&C.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

They reference Florida catching up to most states but MN is in the same boat. They need to catch up as well because not only do they not have SYG they don’t even recognize your home as your castle. If you shoot an unarmed burglar that breaks into your home now, you are likely getting prosecuted. The new law in Florida makes sense to me. And finally no C&C post would be complete without referencing Wisconsin’s ridiculous lack of support for C&C.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Wisconsin’s ridiculous lack of support for C&C

Slight correction: Doyle and his 4 armed body guards lack of support.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Wisconsin’s ridiculous lack of support for C&C

Slight correction: Doyle and his 4 armed body guards lack of support.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.