TB12

• weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Brady retiring again, I think it’s for good this time around. Tough year for him but still going out as the GOAT.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I think he should have hung it up last offseason for good. I hate seeing greats go out on a sour note. Ya, they won the terrible NFC South but their record was 8-9 and they got waxed by Dallas in the wild card round. Still, its pretty astonishing that he can still play QB at the pro level when he’s 45. Definitely defied father time on that one.

Maybe Giselle will take him back haha

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I’m torn. I kinda want him to come back and see him make another run. Not too often you get to watch a Legend play. However I’d prefer to see him go out on his own terms and not another crappy season. Maybe he will still hook up with SF or another team that is stacked but just need a QB.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’m pretty bummed, he’s still playing at a high level and would have liked to see him go out swinging. Still an awesome career we were lucky to see, and he will forever be the GOAT!

haleysgold
    SE MN

Call me skeptical but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him unretire again.

If a team like SF that really isn’t sure what they have for QB’s yet, none of them are actually proven, I could see them signing him for a year while they have an elite D and O and swing for the fence while the window is open.
    That might be all he needs is to try 1 more year for a ring and then…retire on top.
    That would be quite the story for an already accomplished GOAT!

We’ll see what happens I guess.

Gitchi Gummi

A lot of people hate on the guy but I have serious respect for what he has accomplished. I also really admire how he has carried himself throughout his whole career. Say what you want, but the guy is a good role model not only for kids but also for other professional athletes. I think a lot of us will be telling our grandkids how we got to watch Brady play and how great he was.

I think my favorite TB12 memory is the comeback against the Falcons in SB LI where they were down 28-3 at one point. Fricken incredible to watch the comeback unfold

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

…so he gave up a marriage with a super model and mother of his kids who makes more $ than him for a final 8-9 season with the Bucs???

Call me skeptical, but I think he will still pick up the phone and play for the right scenario (mainly SF). If he couldn’t wait a week and a half until after the SB to announce his retirement, I’m guessing he doesn’t want to exactly fade from the limelight just yet. Attention is addicting and not easy to just shut off.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

A lot of people hate on the guy but I have serious respect for what he has accomplished. I also really admire how he has carried himself throughout his whole career. Say what you want, but the guy is a good role model not only for kids but also for other professional athletes. I think a lot of us will be telling our grandkids how we got to watch Brady play and how great he was.

Nailed it! Anyone who can say he is not the greatest QB to walk the planet is just plain a hater and can go pound sand! We may never see another as good at staying in the pocket and slaying defenses. Burrow may have his say in this but doubt he can put out the body of work Brady did.

Ripjiggen

I think my favorite TB12 memory is the comeback against the Falcons in SB LI where they were down 28-3 at one point. Fricken incredible to watch the comeback unfold

As long as kids don’t look up his Wikipedia page and read about how he was suspended for cheating. jester

CaptainMusky

Burrow may have his say in this but doubt he can put out the body of work Brady did.

I am a HUGE fan of Burrow and if healthy I think he will bring championships to Cincy, but its going to be impossible for anyone to ever do what Brady has done. The guy has zero mobility yet rarely gets hit. He has a fire in his belly and just comes up clutch.
    He’ll be back I am almost certain of it. 49ers are the most likely landing spot because if they had a competent QB they likely would have steamrolled the Eagles. Bummed that Purdy got hurt right away didnt even give them a chance.

Brittman

Brady was a winner. We watched him carve up a Vikings D when he was in his “early” prime. It was quite the spectacle … both the game and going to a Monday night football game the night before Halloween with my 11 year old son. shock

Tom Brady beat Minnesota’s relentless rushing defense by simply

throwing over it for 372 yards and touchdowns to four different

receivers, and the Patriots pounded the Vikings 31-7 on Monday

night to win their sixth straight regular-season road game.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Does SF even have room in their salary cap for someone like Brady? I thought they took on a lot of McCaffrey’s contract when they traded for him this past season. It might make sense from a logical or team stand point, but it could be impossible from a business or financial stand point.

CaptainMusky

The NFL teams can just restructure contracts to make them all signing bonuses or whatever and the cap is really irrelevant. The Vikings did a lot of jockeying around leading into this season as has many other teams. The Packers would have to do something in order to field a roster next year because of the money that Rodgers is owed too. The cap is supposed to go up significantly next year though.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Attachments:
    1. 328569998_870626420821351_1409358955248658433_n.jpg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Ya it was a little sad to hear the news this morning. I kind of thought it may be coming, but still thought it may be possible to see him hang on for 1 more season. Like others, I hate to see GREAT players go out on a Negative note. I think he still has the skills to continue if he would like. Its just a matter of if he still has that inner drive. There is almost no way he would end up in SF. I think they are fine at QB. I really think had Purdy not go injured early in the game they would have had a shot of getting to the SB. It could be interesting next year to see if a Good team ends up with a injury to a Key QB if he may get a call and be tempted to make a return. Its been fun to watch what will without a doubt end up being the GOAT at QB. I just can’t see anyone matching some of his career #’s in the near future, If ever.

Gitchi Gummi

…so he gave up a marriage with a super model and mother of his kids who makes more $ than him for a final 8-9 season with the Bucs???

Call me skeptical, but I think he will still pick up the phone and play for the right scenario (mainly SF). If he couldn’t wait a week and a half until after the SB to announce his retirement, I’m guessing he doesn’t want to exactly fade from the limelight just yet. Attention is addicting and not easy to just shut off.

I heard a theory that made the most sense out of any of the theories I heard. He was obliviously going thru the start of a divorce this last off-season. TB12 also has the $375 million fox contract that starts upon his retirement. If he retired this last year before the divorce, Gisele would have been due half of that $375 million. Is that the only reason he came back to play this year? I don’t think so, but I think it definitely played into it.

Gitchi Gummi

As long as kids don’t look up his Wikipedia page and read about how he was suspended for cheating. jester

Haters gonna hate

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

I heard a theory that made the most sense out of any of the theories I heard. He was obliviously going thru the start of a divorce this last off-season. TB12 also has the $375 million fox contract that starts upon his retirement. If he retired this last year before the divorce, Gisele would have been due half of that $375 million. Is that the only reason he came back to play this year? I don’t think so, but I think it definitely played into it.

I can see the logic there, depending on how their divorce works out legally.

However, Gisele is worth an estimated $400 million compared to Tom’s modest $250 million. She still makes over $40 million a year as well (which is more than his potential Fox contract). I can’t see how she’d want to split/share assets and income when she is worth more?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

It’s funny when I see people say things like ” he let playing football cost him a Marriage to a super model ” Have any of these people seen some of the women who have show a recent interest in him ??? Somehow I think he will end up fine when it comes to the ladies !!! I think he could easily trade in a 42 for a pair of 21’s applause toast jester

Dan
    Southeast MN

I don’t think acknowledging some shenanigans is a “hater” situation. Between Brady and Belicheck there’s enough smoke to think there had to be some fire. He did get suspended for deflategate. Considering the multiple allegations surrounding the Patriots in general I’d bet there was something going on from time to time.

I also think you can believe what I just described and still know he’s the GOAT. Right up there with any GOAT in any sport ever. The “can Brady/Belicheck win without each other” scenario isn’t over yet but Brady’s end of it has, Belicheck TBD.

I do also think that him being married to Gisele was an underrated, roundabout reason for his success. At times he hovered around higher-paid QB’s but didn’t get some of the massive QB contracts you see, and as the GOAT he certainly could have. I think being married to an extremely rich supermodel meant that their combined incomes made them an extremely wealthy family. So him taking less money didn’t put the Patriots into the bad financial situations you see a lot of other teams in. That, IMO, is a major reason they were able to be the dynasty they were. Again, not to take away from him on the field, doesn’t change his historic career.

CaptainMusky

It’s funny when I see people say things like ” he let playing football cost him a Marriage to a super model ” Have any of these people seen some of the women who have show a recent interest in him ??? Somehow I think he will end up fine when it comes to the ladies !!! I think he could easily trade in a 42 for a pair of 21’s

The latest gal he’s been seen with I think dare I say could be an upgrade over Gisele? Man she’s a smoke show not worth what Gisele is, but hoooeeee.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I do also think that him being married to Gisele was an underrated, roundabout reason for his success. At times he hovered around higher-paid QB’s but didn’t get some of the massive QB contracts you see, and as the GOAT he certainly could have. I think being married to an extremely rich supermodel meant that their combined incomes made them an extremely wealthy family. So him taking less money didn’t put the Patriots into the bad financial situations you see a lot of other teams in. That, IMO, is a major reason they were able to be the dynasty they were. Again, not to take away from him on the field, doesn’t change his historic career.

I don’t disagree, but would just point out any QB could do the same. Sure it’s easier if your wife is worth hundreds of millions, but it’s not like any of them are in the poor house playing for $15M/year instead of $20-$30m/year during Brady’s prime NE years (or $25M/year instead of $30-40M now).

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    It’s funny when I see people say things like ” he let playing football cost him a Marriage to a super model ” Have any of these people seen some of the women who have show a recent interest in him ??? Somehow I think he will end up fine when it comes to the ladies !!! I think he could easily trade in a 42 for a pair of 21’s

The latest gal he’s been seen with I think dare I say could be an upgrade over Gisele? Man she’s a smoke show not worth what Gisele is, but hoooeeee.

The grass isn’t always greener….unless you’re EPG, then maybe whistling

glenn57
    cold spring mn

^^^^^ rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Ripjiggen

Ripjiggen wrote:

Haters gonna hate

Definitely not a TB hater. Definitely the GOAT.
    Just pointing out that he ain’t no Mother Teresa either just like most athletes are not.

haleysgold
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>

Holy moly! I’d call that an upgrade and I don’t care if she’s flat a$$ broke! Yowza!!
    veronika rajek

Gitchi Gummi

Definitely not a TB hater. Definitely the GOAT.
    Just pointing out that he ain’t no Mother Teresa either just like most athletes are not.

Valid point, I totally agree. But if I had to pick between my kid looking to TB12 as a role model versus 99% of other pro athletes, I’d be pretty content if TB12 was the one they chose to emulate.

MX1825

“Cost him a marriage to a super model”
    This doesn’t mean everything at home was wine and roses! She is back working and seems happy as he[[. She likes the spotlight ALOT. Might be a reason he wanted to be gone alot. Football takes time.

Brittman

The press claimed the marriage dispute was over football. Really ?? ?

Would you share to the world your personal issues ?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

there’s rumors out there this Veronika may be married..but then maybe not!

personally dont care….thats there business!!!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.