Tavern Style Frozen Pizzas

• Jimmy Jones

We have a Pasqualles p[izza joing here in town and they’re not so bad and are sold in our local Hyvee stores. We just got a Heggies and it was pretty good for a frozn pizza. Personally I like the Lotza Motza. I have an alergy to mushrooms so I have to be sort of picky which variety I get but honestly any pizza is better than no pizza as far as I am concerneed.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    But my go to frozen pizza is a beltoria

Beltoria breadcrumb pizza is the only frozen pizza I eat these days. Its amazingly good.

We are having chicken tonight but dang does pizza sound good.

Michael Best

If you guys can find them try a Pizza Corner pizza. They are made in Valley City ND.
    The 4 meat is the best.

I noticed they showed up in our little grocery in Granite Falls this past month.

dbright
    Cambridge

Luige’s is one of my favorite frozen pizzas. Similar to a Lotza motza.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Any cheap thing in the grocery store. Add more sauce & shredded cheese, can even add more Peperoni or Pineapple if thats your thing. Add enough stuff and they are eatable.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Confirmed once again. I was trying to get the tritoon acid washed and ready for launching tomorrow night…so threw a pizza in to eat from the garage. Lota Motza still is crazy salty. Thankfully there’s about 80 beers in the fridge out here to sift through and wash it down as needed.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Rochester only. Mr Pizza South frozen pizza.

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

Sausage/Pepperoni Lotza Mottza at the Kettle Falls hotel bar (the Tilton Hilton) on the veranda on the 4th day of a 7 day camping trip on Namakan/Rainy lake.
    It’s salty and saucy, but with extra parm cheese and washed down with a Pink Thing or two midway thru a weeklong camping trip on an island, it is dang good toast

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Don’t get me wrong I will do work on any of the pizza’s listed, but I rarely, if ever, buy them anymore since they cost more than Papa Murphy’s, Casey’s and the big restaurant chains. My wife picks up some Cauliflower Crust 2 packs from Costco that cost about the same as a Heggies, and are much less unhealthy (even tho they are probably not actually healthy).

The Costco pizzas aren’t bad…even though I hate to admit it. The only issue is there are too many veggies and they leave a lot of moisture on the pizza. We add cheese to them and they are a solid pizza.

Brad Dimond

I can’t do the salt on frozen pizzas, suck down way to much water an beer then up in the night. I make homemade and freeze in batches of three. Crust is easy and herbs in the crust are great. Homemade sauce using crushed tomatoes and no-salt added tomato paste with garlic, basil and oregano. The only place I can’t skimp on the salt is the cheese. Fresh mozzarella has less salt than the packaged shredded cheese.

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

We like the Heggies. The sausage and pepperoni is good and once in a while we get the “Six Pack” with all the meats.
    Costco stocks the sausage and pepperoni and your get 2 pizzas for about $14.00.

Justin riegel

If you are ever near White Bear Lake, there is a place off county 96 and 35E. It is called Ricardos Pub Pizza. They make pies as well as sell theirs frozen. They are by far the best out there for frozen pizza.

slough

If you guys can find them try a Pizza Corner pizza. They are made in Valley City ND.
    The 4 meat is the best.

I noticed they showed up in our little grocery in Granite Falls this past month.

They sold out to Bernatello’s 6-7 years ago and aren’t nearly as good as they were (IMO of course, but the discord was even in the news when it happened); still ok though.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

The Drafthaus frozen pizzas they sell at Holiday gas stations are delicious! I was skeptical at first – frozen pizza from a gas station coffee , but now I’m hooked!!

Ya these are probably the favorite for the wife and I too

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m still a Heggies loyalist, but 7th Ave is definitely up there with it.

shockers
    Rochester

The 4 meat is the best.

For frozen pizza, Pizza Corner was indeed the best. It’s still pretty solid but they got bought out awhile ago and it’s not as good as it was. Very sad and touchy subject back in N.D.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

you like what you like. i too am burnt out on the lotza motza pizzas. they are tasty no matter the occasion. anything on a thin crust with a boatload of toppings and I’m in. My favorite is still probably the kitchen cravings pizzas from Kwik trip.
    Mr. Pizza south also gets my vote in Roch. The north location gets more business because of location but if you know, you know.

Viewing 17 posts - 31 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.