Superior Outfitters?

• c_hof
    New Richmond, WI

Has anyone ever used them for a guided bear huntin Wisconsin? I’m looking to book a bear hunt with someone for 2016. They look like a good operation, but I would like to hear from someone with first hand experience. Their extreme hunt package looks interesting.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

c_hof:

Wished I could tell you something about them… Assuming you have a tag for this year??? Which zone if you do??? And after looking at his webpage, I am going to say you have a tag and in Zone “D”… If you might be interested in another name, check out Aron Kastern (http://www.fishhuntuto.com/hunting.html) who is out of the Bayfield area… I would never say anything bad about an outfitter that I don’t know. I do know Aron from the fishing side and he’s be straight up with me and then some for many years. http://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/fishing/reports/shallow-water-trout-in-the-apostle-islands/

c_hof
    New Richmond, WI

Thanks for the info. I will check him out. I don’t have a tag for this year. I am looking to go in the fall of 2016. I have 9 preference points, so I should be basically guaranteed a tag.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

You should get a tag anywhere you would like… I got a pair of guys over here in St. Germain that do pretty good if you are interested in this part of the state.

Mark

steve k
    buffalo co. wi.

Mark I have 10 points and don’t care where I go I just hope for a opportunity for a shot but I want to hunt over bait with a bow If you know some one who is willing to bait I would be interested for next year thanks for any help
    Steve
    Ps got me thinking bout it cuz I saw a large bear down here in buffalo county on my way to work this morning

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

chof and steve:

Here is the info for Ted and Fritz

Licensed Bait Sitters Guide Service
    A – B Zones
    Fritz Thelen > 715.542.2348
    Ted Elbe > 715.542.2314

I see them two to three times per week at Fibbers Bar in St. Germain, they generally only take 5 or so hunters per season. They generally have a very high success rate and they are booking for next year (I think they have two booked) already…

Mark

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.