Stupidest Thing Lately?

• SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I did a stupid thing today and wondered how many of the rest of you occasionally do stupid things and what they might be.

Me: held the wrong end of the staple gun and stapled my hand.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

I couldn’t find a pen the other day. . .had one behind each ear.

bigpike

Looking for my reading glasses everywhere only to find them conveniently on my head.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I suggested to my wife that she should delete some “Hallmark Junk” and other “reality show crap” off the DVRs at home so I could upload more HUDL edited game film for coaching.

… I’m still alive, but there was a near death experience involved.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I suggested to my wife that she should delete some “Hallmark Junk” and other “reality show crap” off the DVRs at home so I could upload more HUDL edited game film for coaching.

… I’m still alive, but there was a near death experience involved.

You guys are all rookies at this stupid stuff. I just delete the wife’s crap without telling her.

Iowaboy1

told my wife she didnt have to worry about falling in if I left the seat up.
    typing with one hand now is a b!!!! doc says six weeks before the cast can come off.

Walleyedavid

Put the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard.

Dave maze
    Isanti

I bought a new boat today.. I may have forgot to let the wife know beforehand smile I should be able to walk tomorrow.

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

I put the whiskey away after one drink after work.

huskerdu

Bad batteries in boat motor would not start , had carb rebuild on kicker they never reattached throttle cable, had to go in to launch with trolling motor in the dark ????

Sharon
    SE Metro

Put the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard.

Ha! I’ve done that too! I think we probably all have done that.

Weeks ago I was loading the dishwasher and grabbed a stack of silverware in one hand. I started pulling out individual silverware one by one until the sharp knife I knew was in there slid out and sliced my finger open… *shudders*. Damn, that hurt and bled like I hacked my finger open with a chainsaw or something!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Mines a regret that’s really bugging me that I didn’t follow through on what I wanted to do. Sunday at the boat launch, a racist SOB, made a comment about that it won’t be long and all the ethnic people will take over the river for whiteness.

I only said that have every right to be here just like you and I. He went on a rant and i just ignored him while i waited for him to get his boat out.

Wanted to wrap an anchor rope around his neck and silence him in a deep hole. 2 days later and I’m still regretting my silence by ignoring him. Feel like my silence is an insult to many of my friends. I’m sorry and I regret that.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I left the house the early in the morning the other day only to turn around half ways to my truck because I notice my phone was not in my pocket. I had it in my hand.

Deuces

I left the house the early in the morning the other day only to turn around half ways to my truck because I notice my phone was not in my pocket. I had it in my hand.

Lol. Along the lines of looking for your razor while in pocket, pencil in the ear, I’ve even looked for my dust mask when it was on my head. doah

You’re guys problem is being so smart. Once a guy dummies down to my level everything just seems normal….

I missed donuts with Daddy yesterday morning at school. That one hurts. Right there in the calendar, somehow passed thru.

404 ERROR
    MN

I put the 10mm socket back in its proper place yesterday…spent 5 minutes looking for it under the car and on top of the engine…

Going into work last Monday, I parked my car, put on my bike helmet and reflective vest, pop the hatch and stand there confused. Took me a few seconds to comprehend that I forgot my bike at home. Getting back into the car to drive close enough to walk in wearing my bike cleats, total #walkofshame.

Charles

Ice Cream in the fridge count?

tangler
    Inactive

FW sent me out for groceries, list in hand and everything. I made a stop at the hardware store and got distracted. Came home with a couple new tools and no food.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Mines a regret that’s really bugging me that I didn’t follow through on what I wanted to do. Sunday at the boat launch, a racist SOB, made a comment about that it won’t be long and all the ethnic people will take over the river for whiteness.

I only said that have every right to be here just like you and I. He went on a rant and i just ignored him while i waited for him to get his boat out.

Wanted to wrap an anchor rope around his neck and silence him in a deep hole. 2 days later and I’m still regretting my silence by ignoring him. Feel like my silence is an insult to many of my friends. I’m sorry and I regret that.

Sounds like you should have recorded him, put it on youtube, and made him famous.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Drove 20 minutes to work last week. Went to grab my computer bag (work in IT) and left it at home.

Hoped to get my boat out of the shed this past weekend. Got stuck before even getting close to the shed. Had buddy pull me out. 20 minutes later, I locked my keys in the car. Good thing the cabin is only 70 miles from my extra set of keys.

Aaron Kalberer

I put the 10mm socket back in its proper place yesterday…spent 5 minutes looking for it under the car and on top of the engine…

Every work space just needs a dedicated drawer filled to the brim with 10mm, 13mm, 15mm, 7/16, 1/2, and 9/16 sockets and wrenches.

After doing an intake manifold gasket on my pickup I spent 1 hr trying to figure out why it wouldn’t start. Forgot to hook up distributor cap to the coil. Who knew you need spark for a engine to function.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Randy Wieland wrote:</div>

Sounds like you should have recorded him, put it on youtube, and made him famous.

Nope, don’t want any of that BS repeated. Disgusting that some people still act like that.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

LOL. I’ve done a lot of these. I have poured my breakfast cereal and milk in the dog’s dish before. doah

tangler
    Inactive

Nope, don’t want any of that BS repeated. Disgusting that some people still act like that.

Can you imagine being that miserable of a human being, that even when launching your boat to go fishing all you can think about is how much you hate other humans because of the pigment in their skin?

I’m glad you walked away — not worth tangling up your anchor rope.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

It’s amazing what you can put on your toothbrush when you’re still waking up.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just was marking out some cuts at work with sharpie. Put the sharpie in my mouth the wrong way and no cap. Lip has big black streak and my tongue

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Not on a racist note but I do empathize with the T-shirt that says, “I like dogs better than most humans”. Today is a new day and I hope we all make it through without doing anything stupid!

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I have a long driveway.
    I always put the Garbage can on my trailer hitch (yes, I’m one of those that rarely takes out my trailer hitch).
    Couple weeks ago I was about 1/2 way to work (it’s about 10 miles) and for the life of me I couldn’t figure out where all this racket was coming from.
    Helps when you remember to stop at end of driveway and drop of Garbage doah
    To bad it’s all wooded country roads and it was 5:15 on a Friday morning
    so no one saw me. Bet it would have made some folks day wondering what the He!! I was doing..
    I would have continued to work but damn garbage truck comes about 6:30 so turned around.
    When I did, it tipped over… I was glad I had gloves with.

Dennis Williams
    Apple Valley, MN

Ever see the movie Clockwork Orange, were they wire the guys eyes open? I double cut some insulation. When I pushed it in place at eye height a bunch of the cut fiberglass went into both eyes. Spent an hour in the ER with eyes wired open and liter after liter of fluid poring into my eyes.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

April 9, 2019 at 8:27 am#1849372
    Drove 20 minutes to work last week. Went to grab my computer bag (work in IT) and left it at home.
    Hoped to get my boat out of the shed this past weekend. Got stuck before even getting close to the shed. Had buddy pull me out. 20 minutes later, I locked my keys in the car. Good thing the cabin is only 70 miles from my extra set of keys.

Last Wednesday I got so excited packing for a fishing trip with co-workers that I forgot my bag. I realized it 5 minutes from work after an hour or so and 45 miles of driving. I could have just went back home and worked, but then I would have missed the boat literally. So I drove 135 miles and about 2.5 hours to work that day.

I have made my wife mark my words ALL packing and preparedness, especially when fishing is involved, gets done the day before.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.