Striker Ice Gear!

• Nick Cox
    Minnesota

Are you considering trading up for a new ice fishing jacket and bibs? If so, consider Striker Ice. The IDO team has had an opportunity to check out and use nearly all the gear Striker Ice offers, and we haven’t been let down. The team at Striker really did a stand up job developing this year’s line up of suits for both men and women. Here are just a few features of the Striker Suits that we really like (not enough room to name them all)!

Striker Ice suits offer Sureflote buoyancy material throughout the jacket and bibs. Sureflote does just what it sounds like, if you fall through the ice, the suit is designed to keep you afloat at the surface.

The outer shell’s of Striker gear range from 320D to 600D Waterproof/Breathable material. Really tough stuff!

YKK 2-way heavy duty (10 gauge) front zipper. These zippers stand up in all weather conditions, iced up or not.

Shock cord drawstring at waist and hem provide superior adjustability. Provides you with the right fit.

Extended Lycra inner wrist cuffs. These are awesome for keeping the snow and wind out of your sleeves!

Heavy duty storm flap protects front zipper from wind and water. Another well though addition to the suits to help you stay comfortable in the elements.

Additional products and descriptions for each available online at http://www.strikerice.com!

Photos include Climate Suite, Hardwater Suit, Predator Suite, and the Womens Prism Suit.

Attachments:
    1. Prism-2.jpg

2. Prism-1.jpg

3. Predator-2.jpg

4. Predator-1.jpg

5. Hardwater-1.jpg

6. Hardwater-2.jpg

7. Climate1.jpg

8. Climate2.jpg

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

Nice info Nick. I love my Climate suit.

candofish
    Turtle Lake wi

I can attest to the quality of Striker products, I was out this morning with my Striker Lake Effect gear in minus 2 degree temps and 15 to 25 mile an hour winds from the north. All I had underneath were my regular jeans and long sleeved shirt. I was able to fish for 3 and a half hours outside without getting cold. The Striker gear was a lot better than my previous gear. Hats off to Striker and their products.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

The wife and I both have the Striker suits. Best suit by far we’ve ever used. We’ve been trying to find a Striker Transport bag but that’s next to impossible bawling

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

Striker is sold out for the year. There going to go through a few changes from the sound of it but will be back next season.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Well maybe I got in early as I’ve had my Camo “Climate Suit” for about 3 to 4 years now.
    I’ve had 2 previous “Extreme Cold Weather” suits from Cabela’s and Clam.

Striker is the lightest weight to wear and still the most versatile in different weather conditions and it floats my “Wide Load”. whistling

milemark_714

I want to try the second skin gloves,if I can find them.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Extended Lycra inner wrist cuffs. These are awesome for keeping the snow and wind out of your sleeves!

I’m not sure if it was planned but the Lycra cuffs also help a great deal to keep your arm dry if you decide to go elbow deep after a large walleye that came unpinned at the hole whistling

The other thing I really have to give a shout out to Striker is they come in Tall sizes for those of us with abnormally long arms and legs waytogo

Trevor Ellingson
    Long Lake, MN

I’m on year 2 of my Predator suit and I can’t say enough about it. I usually wear just a sweatshirt and shorts underneath and am still plenty warm fishing out on the ice. I had put thermals on under it while fishing Clear Lake a week ago and was sweating after drilling about 10 holes. I definitely agree with Nick and Will about the wrist cuffs also.

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Nick Cox wrote:</div>

I’m not sure if it was planned but the Lycra cuffs also help a great deal to keep your arm dry if you decide to go elbow deep after a large walleye that came unpinned at the hole whistling

The other thing I really have to give a shout out to Striker is they come in Tall sizes for those of us with abnormally long arms and legs waytogo

Will they make gloves for that! Check em out.

http://www.strikerice.com/gloves-mitts/item/54-deep-reach-glove

Tim J
    Duluth, MN

I have loved my predator bibs for the last two years. When I need a new jacket it will be a striker.

However, this year I bought a pair of the climate gloves and was disappointed. After about 1 month of use, all the seams in the palm are tearing apart and there is a massive tear in the palm of the outer shell on each glove where the glove would fold it you were to make a fist. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this or I just picked up a bad egg? But each glove looks the same so I’m thinking it may just be the gloves and not just one flukey glove.

mcarlsen

I have been very interested in these. Do you know anywhere that sells then retail? I believe I saw a suit at Dicks sporting goods in Bloomington. I read about all their different suits but it would be nice to be able to look at them in person side by side to decide which one to get.

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

I have loved my predator bibs for the last two years. When I need a new jacket it will be a striker.

However, this year I bought a pair of the climate gloves and was disappointed. After about 1 month of use, all the seams in the palm are tearing apart and there is a massive tear in the palm of the outer shell on each glove where the glove would fold it you were to make a fist. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this or I just picked up a bad egg? But each glove looks the same so I’m thinking it may just be the gloves and not just one flukey glove.

They have had some issues with them. Email [email protected] they will get you new ones. The gloves are being redesigned for next year from the sounds of it.

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

I have been very interested in these. Do you know anywhere that sells then retail? I believe I saw a suit at Dicks sporting goods in Bloomington. I read about all their different suits but it would be nice to be able to look at them in person side by side to decide which one to get.

http://strikerbrands.com/dealer-locator

Other wise I know Thorne Bros has most of the suits in stock. Joes Sporting Goods usually has a decent selection. Dicks and Gander both carry them along with Scheels. Other wise its a matter of whats closest to you and how far you want to drive.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Got a predator suit this year and it’s awesome! Fished outside in -30 with the windchill and didn’t feel a thing!

mojogunter

I can only speak about the gloves. They suck. Tore I believe the first day I had them setting up my portable. I have heard the bibs and jackets are good though.

thaddeus
    St. Cloud, MN

Gonna save my pennies for one of those suits next year. The Surefloat material will give me peace of mind. Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.