strike master carb questions

• hoytpower
    buffalo county, wi

Been having some issuse with my auger, took it to a service center and its worse now. Was leaking gas wehn i took it in and they said the plastic part from the carb to the engine was cracked. Always started on 2nd or 3rd pull now takes like 15 and will only run on 3/4 choke. Dug into the carb last night and the diaghpram doesnt look like it has a lot of spring to it. when it was laying on the bench onside of it sit up in the aid and the other side is depressed down. Also noticed that the butterfly vavle inside doesnt go full closed when you let off the throttle. So im guessing i need a new diaghpram and return spring? Probaly should replace the screen as well since i have it apart?
    any ideas?

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

There should be a carb kit available for that auger. If you have the carb removed, replacing the parts provided in the kit isn’t that hard

crappies

I just rebuilt my auger’s carb and put new spark plug in and fresh 91 octane with some amsoil (first time user of amsoil) and it started and ran like it did when i first got it. I have a strikemaster auger and got my parts from drockicecenter.com. hope you get it figured out

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.