FTR Visitor Pic – Cedar River Pike!

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

This neat pic comes out us from Chad Peters. In his own words…”Caught this 11 1/2 lb. pike pitching a pink/red jig up to the rip-rap along a wing-dam on the Cedar River in Iowa.”

Heck of a pic Chad… thanks for sharing it with us!

If anyone else has a photo or two they’d like to share with us here at FTR, simply send the photo out as a .jpg attachment in an e-mail to [email protected] and we’ll gladly get that posted here just as quickly as we can.

Good fishing’,

EFN Webstaff

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Great looking fish Chad. The little guy sure looks like hes thinking WOWWW! He’s hooked on fishing now I’ll bet. Nice going. Bill

JimW
    SE MN

I think we found a new style of hat for “ReefRunner”!!! Now tell the truth Chad, who caught the fish??LOL!

Very nice photo of fish, but more so, seeing the excitement in the face of that little guy!!! Good going!!

Jim W

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Hmmmm…. I only know of one wingdam on the entire Cedar. Could it be that someone caught a fish right here near home? It’s hard to tell from the pic, but looks like it could be!

Great catch, hope your kid isn’t afraid to go swimming now! Of course, he would probably think it’s a waste of time when there’s fish like that one to be caught.

eyetracker
    waterloo Ia

Hey GIANNI I live about 1/4 mile from this wing dam. The boat launch about the same distance. South of LPC. Are you near by? If so lets hook up! Pete

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

There’s a pair of closing dams right north of Cedar Rapids that I was thinking of. They’re just around the bend past Seminole Valley park. The Cedar is a typical Iowa river – the farther North you go, the better fishing there is.

LPC’s not far away at all. We should hook up sometime so you can teach me how to actually catch fish when I go out.

Brian Lyons

hey EYETRACKER, If thats the wingdam at the old inter urban railroad bridge, you have probably seen me there. Even if it isn’t, you will see me in that stretch of water, I’ll keep my eyes open for you and the boy…………B

eyetracker
    waterloo Ia

Hey, BIG B, you are correct on the location of the wing dam.Plan to fish there this weekend (alone) the boy is sick. If your out look for a Tracker Pro-Angler V-16 Red&White. Not sure what day though yet. Probably in the evening hours. Stop by say HI!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.