Stamped Concrete Patio – Looking for contractor in NW metro

• Browndog
    Omaha, NE

I’ll toss my vote in on the pavers. We had a 740SF with a raised seating wall/lighting and a 52″ firepit done for right at $11,200. Our backyard is super wet. They plumbed the downspouts into the storm drain and used over 30″ of crusher run base plus sand. They said no to concrete for the cracking reason and we couldn’t be happier. We’ve had it for 2 years now.

isu22andy

Bump from the depths – gator base still holding up ? Almost seems too good to be true to not have to lay some rock?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I haven’t checked it out closely in a while at my parents but they haven’t complained.

I think the key was having the gravel base compacted thoroughly and that they’re on well draining soil to begin with.

isu22andy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    If you’re looking into pavers, be sure that Gator Base is used. It cuts on labor/time and creates a better outcome.

lol take that fancy gator base and throw it right in the trash. there is no substitute for rock and sand

We’re on year 6 at my parents with 3″ of compacted gravel, gator base, a little sand, and not a paver out of place. Maybe it’s just a coincidence that it’s held up – but so far I wouldn’t change how we did it.

Still look good ? I know they build roads on foam . Kicking around throwing a paver patio down diy on this house and these caught my eye . Would save a lot of work . They claim you don’t even need rock which sounds bizzare .

isu22andy

That’s odd – i quoted that post yesterday and it didn’t send – so resent it hours later . Came through.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’d be interested to hear how prices have/haven’t changed since 2022? We have a concrete project at some point in the not too distant future.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’d be interested to hear how prices have/haven’t changed since 2022? We have a concrete project at some point in the not too distant future.

If you look at the prices of fast food, gas, boats, rv’s, ect since 2022 it would be a fair bet to say they’ve gone up quite a bit.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

It’s relative to job size and location for sure, but it’s only gone up like everything else.

My buddy is in the process of putting up a 60′ x 120′ shed with 14′ sidewalls. He’s at $6.70 a foot. That’s a lot of concrete though to bring the average down.

We have a quote laying around for our walkout side of the house on our new build and I think we are at $7.80 a foot with nothing to tear out, work around, easy in and out with me letting them use a skidsteer of ours…but it’s a smaller job and the same people we used for a 40′ wide garage apron. I think he said their other easy, plain flat work is being bidded at $8.20 a foot for the season. (For reference, when we did the garage apron we paid the same guys $5.80 in the summer of ’22)

Keep in mind these jobs are both along the river here not in the metro area or suburbia. I’d assume those rates are substantially higher.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Prices gone up, definitely not down.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.