St Croix Mixed Bag

• Mike Anselmo
    Wisconsin

Fun day on the St Croix with my friend Dan Quinn. Fish chasing shad all over. Caught some really nice smallies, some good walleyes and an assortment of white bass.

I think they are just now strapping on the feed bag. Usually you see your smallmouth regurgitate their lunch, but these fish were really skinny. No sign of bait being thrown up. I’ll know more when I fillet the walleyes.

Dan and I will both celebrate a birthday this week. Today the St Croix gave us a few early presents.

Attachments:
    1. 20161009_173102.jpg

2. Sup-dog.jpg

Mike Anselmo
    Wisconsin

Mom wasn’t happy about the little guy holding fish after bath time.

Attachments:
    1. 20161009_201640.jpg

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Wow. Nice bronzebacks!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The ‘Croix can kick ’em out! Well done. Upper or lower part of the river?

Mike Anselmo
    Wisconsin

We fished from Stillwater all the way to Prescott. Lots of water covered. Jigging raps and jerkbaits.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Mom wasn’t happy about the little guy holding fish after bath time.

Hilarious!!

joshd
    Minnetonka

Looks like a nice day on the water! I hope to get on the river tomorrow.

You think Hudson area or Bluffs area would be better for Walleye tomorrow?

tipdown
    Hudson, WI

Looks like a nice day on the water! I hope to get on the river tomorrow.

You think Hudson area or Bluffs area would be better for Walleye tomorrow?

The whole river is good right now. Ive been fishing from the swing bridge to the new bridge and its on fire fish are stacked.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Yes, I was out Tuesday and pods of shad, walleyes and channel cats peppered my Lowrance. I was sturgeon fishing but thinking I should have brought some lighter gear along for after the guide trip!

It’s the fall chew!

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Nice looking smallies.Nice to see the fish gods gave the two of you a b-day present this year.

fred bartling

Thank you for the great information. I took the past two days to fish the Croix around Stillwater. I tried both the lake and river sections with most of my success coming in a small current seam near deep water. Most of my fish were smallmouth with a couple of walleyes mixed in.

Each angling season I try to add a couple of presentations and lure types; after watching last years I.D.O. episodes I was eager to learn to better fish ripping raps and after watching the spring smallmouth trip to the Mississippi I really wanted to give the storm twitch sticks a try. Thanks Mike!

This summer I had nice success in Quetico with rippen raps. The past two weeks I have been using twitch sticks for largemouth on Chicago and getting some really nice fish. The past couple of days rippen raps have been my go too on the Croix with nice results.

Not only are these lures effective in the right time and place but man are they fun to fish! I really enjoyed fishing rippen raps along current edges.

One again I.D.O. has come through with timely information and new presentations.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.