Spirit Lake,Ia report,June 27,2003.

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Made it to Spirit Lake for a day fishing.I was on West Okoboji yesterday so we went to Spirit today.Started off by fishing for smallies on Stoney Point and picked up 4 with the biggest at 18″‘s.After this we fished for some eyes and got 8 small ones and 1 keeper.We worked a small spot around a area of weeds with bouncer/spinner combo’s.I thought if we slip-bobber fished it we might be able to pull a few more eyes out of this small area.I toss out a slip-bobber with a leech and after a few minutes down it goes.I set the hook and a nice smallie comes flying out of the water about 30 feet out from the boat,he came out of the water at least 2-3 feet!Got him to the boat and it was a healthy 18″ fish.Also picked up a 26’ northern today.It was a fun day on the water.Take care everyone.I’m going to send the smallie pics to Dave Koonce so he can put them up somewhere.

Ryan Hale

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Hey guys, I was with Ryan on that day and man did that smallie fly out of the water. I’ve never seen a fish get so high! If anyone is looking for good information on fishing the Iowa Lakes, be sure to check with Ryan Hale. He has taken me out several times this year and we have had great fishing every time out. He’s a great fisherman, an even better guy, and he loves to help others catch fish!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.