Speed control for kicker

• ripstick

Looking for help on what to get for my Honda 9 hp. controlking, trollmaster. Looking for ease of use and withstand the elements. Any help would be helpful. Thanks.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

I have a trollmaster pro 2 and I like it a lot. If you troll a lot it’s money well spent.

rswan
    Lakeville, MN

I put an itroll on my kicker. Comes with a 2 year warranty and is 100% waterproof. Also has features of hunt mode and last trolling speed recall. Good luck!!

I’ve had the troll master pro2 for 10years, very reliable.

For some reason, just this year, it now engages the throttle when I initially turn it on just enough to be a problem starting my kicker. I need to turn it on, then press the idle button, then start the kicker. Or, start the kicker and let it warm up a bit before turning on my trollmaster.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

If you install it yourself make sure you do not run any of the wires near the spark plug, plug wires or the coil. The wires for the unit will pick up induction leakage from the high current wires and cause the small solenoid to surge and have erratic speed.

carver
    West Metro

I Have an itroll on my Yami. I have nothing bad to say about it.

ripstick

I guess the big thing is waterproof. I know the Itroll is a good unit but spendy. More features than I need. So I guess troll master will work. Thanks guys.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.