Skunk Infestation Problem at Walmart

• dirtywater

Weed used to have a smokey sometimes almost a sweet smell. You know it wasn’t a cigarette that is for sure. It smelled like, well it smelled like pot.

Now prime weed smells like skunk. That is why you smell skunks driving down a road but rarely see the dead animal. That is why you smell skunk at fast food drive throughs, at sports events, inside stores … well just about every place you go. Just saying …

Ohhhh that’s it??! Thanks for explaining, dad jester

This has gotta be the only corner of the internet where a humorous exchange about weed smoke devolves into diatribes about woke corporate pedophilia. Y’all need weed in your life, pronto!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

On the smelling skunks, yeah, it’s kind of everywhere. Seem to be skunks in most stores these days.

I would assume what you guys are smelling is the smell of money. Specifically, the countless millions in tax revenue that legalized pot was promised to bring into the state coffers.

Say, now that I think of it, since the most important piece of legislation in Minnesota history finally passed after endless hours of wasted–errr I mean “invested”–legislative time, how many millions in revenue HAVE been collected? Or maybe it’s billions? Yay! Free tax money.

Yes, yes. I’m sure the weed that all these weed wackers are stinking of must surely be producing millions in promised tax revenue as they all buy highly taxed weed in state licensed stores.

Show me the money!

dirtywater

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Pailofperch wrote:</div>
    On the smelling skunks, yeah, it’s kind of everywhere. Seem to be skunks in most stores these days.

I would assume what you guys are smelling is the smell of money. Specifically, the countless millions in tax revenue that legalized pot was promised to bring into the state coffers.

Say, now that I think of it, since the most important piece of legislation in Minnesota history finally passed after endless hours of wasted–errr I mean “invested”–legislative time, how many millions in revenue HAVE been collected? Or maybe it’s billions? Yay! Free tax money.

Yes, yes. I’m sure the weed that all these weed wackers are stinking of must surely be producing millions in promised tax revenue as they all buy highly taxed weed in state licensed stores.

Show me the money!

Check back in ‘26. Not exactly fair to draw conclusions before legal sales have even started.

Baitwaster
    South metro

Have faith in your state! If any state can somehow lose money selling weed – this is the one!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Check back in ‘26. Not exactly fair to draw conclusions before legal sales have even started.

Oh, legal sales HAVE already started. Of course, while the state has bungled it’s way through the first year spending millions trying to get organized without making a dime, we probably shouldn’t talk about who has made all the money so far.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dirtywater wrote:</div>

Oh, legal sales HAVE already started. Of course, while the state has bungled it’s way through the first year spending millions trying to get organized without making a dime, we probably shouldn’t talk about who has made all the money so far.

The native dispensery is probably doing pretty well but the state dispensaries haven’t even been opened. Hard to make money in a store that isn’t operating yet.
    I know the guy down the road makes lots of money. He has some pretty nice toys for being a grass grower

jwellsy

I think the pc way to let someone know you can smell pot on them is just say they are smelling a little green today.

Deuces

Whatever happens hope the prices come down. Not a flower guy myself but enjoy a nice 5mg seltzer once in awhile.

Just came back from target, no pedophile sightings, guess I’ve been lucky w 3 daughters, even more so who when younger always seemed to need to poop when out and about. Very annoying bowel movements

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Whatever happens hope the prices come down. Not a flower guy myself but enjoy a nice 5mg seltzer once in awhile.

Just came back from target, no pedophile sightings, guess I’ve been lucky w 3 daughters, even more so who when younger always seemed to need to poop when out and about. Very annoying bowel movements

LOL – OMG,
    That brings back memories.

Ripjiggen

Just wait till target opens a dispensary with pedophiles behind the counter selling weed called skunk junk.
    This thread will come full circle and all our heads will explode. jester

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Have faith in your state! If any state can somehow lose money selling weed – this is the one!

Bingo! Although the state must be making decent money on the edibles and whatever else can be sold, as I saw about 10 dispensaries in Mankato yesterday, and the one in Carver should have revolving door with the amount of people going in and out.

Brittman

I am more than fine with MN legalizing marijuana. The whole cop search and seizure, tickets, and criminal records for minor possession seemed like way over the top.

That said, they still need to find a better way to prevent, detect, and enforce those who choose to drive (personal or commercial) or work under the influence.

The driving thing especially since Uber and Lyft are leaving … wink

Brittman

For those in fear, there is no need to go ever go into a Walmart or Target.

Buy online & pick up outside or use their shipping – it is fine and free … I still buy items from Amazon and Target when prices are the lowest. I am certainly not going to pay 25% markup that some grocery stores like to put on certain items.

That said, I was surprised the other day how Menards now carries higher end brands of cleaning products and groceries at very low prices. In some cases MFF too.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Some of this stuff has such a potent smell you can smell it outside of their house. I bet you could take any article of clothing they have from their home and it will stink. It’s the same for a tobacco smoker. Just the tobacco smell is not as strong.

CaptainMusky

One of the local bars I go to has an apartment attached to it and the residents must smoke pot in there because the men’s room is so dang strong you wouldnt believe it.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

There’s that smell again.

stevenoak

Weed was my first thought. I owned a body shop. Had a guy work for me that I could smell when he walked in the door. Even when I was painting!! But skunks are active. Had to get up and shut my bedroom window last night.

Viewing 18 posts - 31 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.