Skunk Infestation Problem at Walmart

• boone
    Woodbury, MN

Durning several of my recent stops at Walmart in Woodbury, I’ve notice they’ve got a bad skunk problem. I never see these skunks, but I can smell them. I guess it’s maybe not surprising to smell them in the parking lot as they might be roaming around more now as the weather gets warmer. But I smell them at the self-checkout stations, by the produce section, in the bakery aisle, over by the automotive stuff. It seems like these skunks pretty much roam around everywhere they want in this Walmart. But like I said, I never seen one. The problem seems to have gotten much worse in the past year or so.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

jester rotflol

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I can smell a skunk from a mile away. And for what ever reason he always seems to follow me.

Riverrat

I may be a little bit lazy, and my memories weak. But I still know that Maputo is the capitol of Mozambique.

FinnyDinDin

I acquired a love for the smell of skunk in high school.

Walmart is the devil. If you must go to a big box store support target.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Target supports pedophiles, no thanks.

Sharon
    SE Metro

It still throws me off to smell skunks so much when in stores lately and it’s definitely not limited to Walmart. Just part of the changing world we live in.

What’s this though about Target supporting pedophiles?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It still throws me off to smell skunks so much when in stores lately and it’s definitely not limited to Walmart. Just part of the changing world we live in.

That’s my opinion when target went woke and tried to sexualize lgbtq stuff in children’s section. Sexualizing any kids stuff is pedophila. Doritos just did the same with a actual child predator

Riverrat

Target is too “urban” for my city so we only have Walmart and Fleet Farm. I think its gotten better over the last years, now if something or someone stinks, I say something and don’t feel at all bad about it. I still think its better than that toilet freshener tab smell that I usually smell at the wal mart check out.

CaptainMusky

Last summer over the 4th of july they didnt have any US flags displayed for sale, but proudly had “unisex” swimwear directly targeted toward kids. They also did multiple other things along the same lines and they paid a heavy price with their stock price.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Target is too “urban” for my city so we only have Walmart and Fleet Farm. I think its gotten better over the last years, now if something or someone stinks, I say something and don’t feel at all bad about it. I still think its better than that toilet freshener tab smell that I usually smell at the wal mart check out.

What do you say? Lol and what would make you feel like any one would care enough to you having to feel bad

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

What do you say?

Yes, I’m also interested in how one would approach a complete stranger in a retail store and address an odor issue.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

A friends granddaughter has been working at Target when she’s home in the summer and Walmart while she is away at college for a few years. According to her Walmart treats their employees much better than Target. She says long time Target employees tell her that Targets rep of treating employees well comes from many years ago before Target was spun off from Dayton’s.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I wondered this also when he posted it. Google target supports pedophiles? doah crazy I did.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Geezez, kinda early for em, must of been the warm weather

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

We boycott Target as much as possible. I took the wife’s Red card away last year.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Target and Wal-Mart are both brutal. I don’t go in either.

Fleet Farm, Scheels, and small ma & pop places locally are the extent of my in-store shopping with my wife…otherwise any other place one of us may want to go is done independently. We’re both much happier since we agreed to that arrangement years ago!

Umy
    South Metro

No more Target for us either since they went off the WOKE end.
    Will never shop there again.
    Yes, there are many companies we support that are “woke” that we might not know about. AS we learn we adjust. But reading about Target and their practices and seeing it in action the first and only time? No thanks.
    The only resistance I can make is where I spend my pennies. There are TONS of other places I can find the same services that are not off the deep end IMHO.
    Political ? oh well

picklerick
    Central WI

I’ve never bought anything from Target. Went there once or twice years ago and didn’t find what I was looking for and haven’t been back. When I used to have to go to the office Walmart was close by, too. Every year the company gives us a $25 gift card to help pay for Thanksgiving. Every year I give it away. Last weekend, I had to pick up some seed starting mix in Stevens Point, so I took the card and went into wally world. I was hoping to pick up some more ethnic groceries, like dried chilis and some decent tortillas like El Milagro. They didn’t have either, so I left. I’ll just give it to my youngest niece again.

Riverrat

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    What do you say?

Yes, I’m also interested in how one would approach a complete stranger in a retail store and address an odor issue.

A good way is if your behind someone that stinks, you turn to the person next to you “I must gotten some of the dogs ass juice on me when I expressed his glands cuz it stinks like dog ass in here”.

Or
    “Clearly you have self esteem issues so please consider this an invitation to improve your odor and not an invitation to off yourself.”

or

” Give me six feet mother f’er cuz you nasty”

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

A good way is if your behind someone that stinks, you turn to the person next to you “I must gotten some of the dogs ass juice on me when I expressed his glands cuz it stinks like dog ass in here”.

Or
    “Clearly you have self esteem issues so please consider this an invitation to improve your odor and not an invitation to off yourself.”

or

” Give me six feet mother f’er cuz you nasty”

You must like being told to go F yourself. whistling

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

[/quote]

I was thinking the same. I guess I don’t get that. But it must make him feel better.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I was thinking the same. I guess I don’t get that. But it must make him feel better.
    [/quote]

As my old man would say, “you’re cruising for a bruising talking like that”

Brittman

Weed used to have a smokey sometimes almost a sweet smell. You know it wasn’t a cigarette that is for sure. It smelled like, well it smelled like pot.

Now prime weed smells like skunk. That is why you smell skunks driving down a road but rarely see the dead animal. That is why you smell skunk at fast food drive throughs, at sports events, inside stores … well just about every place you go. Just saying …

Sharon
    SE Metro

jester

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240328_171141_Google.jpg

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I boycotted shopping at Target long long ago. Maybe 15ish years. They were one of the first stores to allow the “use the restroom that you identify”. No joke, like 2 days after they implemented the new ruling, actually had a guy, a normal looking dude, go in the girls restroom while my wife and daughter were in there. I went in to get him out and he immediately complained and asked to see a manager. They sided with him completely. I’ve never been back in a Target since. I signed the petition even. I know they don’t give 1 crap about losing me as a customer. But the extra wokeness they’ve adopted since makes it even easier to stay far away.

On the smelling skunks, yeah, it’s kind of everywhere. Seem to be skunks in most stores these days. Even during winter. neutral

Netguy
    Minnetonka

That is why you smell skunks driving down a road but rarely see the dead animal. That is why you smell skunk at fast food drive throughs, at sports events, inside stores … well just about every place you go.

Or a half mile off shore on Upper Red!! rotflol

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

I would have done the same thing Pop!!!! just wrong… don’s go there either…

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i refuse to shop Walfart for reasons i wont get into her. havent been in a target in 5-8 years…..and i usually only to find a book to read….. i can find them elswhere???

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I just read this thread. I’m feeling like I dropped a hit of purple microdot.

Maybe I should read it again. crazy rotflol

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.