Frank Schneider This Weekend… Who’s going?

• dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Well it is that time of year again, a time when Bob and I throw baits for three straight days, up to this point only to say “Yup, we saw some nice fish”. Truth is, if there was such a thing as follow tourney’s we would be world champions. But not this year, I have made the commitment to break my legal fish drought. So who else is coming up to stand shoulder to shoulder with the Musky masses hucking lumber, rubber, and fur, for the distinguished title of the M.I. Frank Schneider champion???

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

I am printing t shirts for the tournament as I speak. Unfortunately I’m not going to make the tournament. Good Luck guys!

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I fished that tourney several years in a row in the mid-late 90’s before it was re-named in honor of Frank S. Lots of guys participate, but it was a good time every year. Seems to me that the winners are almost always either in Portage Bay or Walker Bay on Leech, and oftentimes they’re trollers. 10″ jakes and spinnerbaits… So there’s my tip for you to break the streak! Good luck!

yodeldog
    Farmville, MN

Just got back from the tourney. The cabin I stayed at did very good this year. For 6 guys we had 4 legal and 4 subs. The owner of the cabin got 1st place with a 53″, 50″ and a 42.5″. All our fish came out of Leech. I’ll be glad to get back to work so I can rest tomorrow.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

yodeldog, what tactics took the fish? Jakes/spinnerbaits? Thanks!

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Bob scored 7th, with three fish, a 40, 40.5 and a 42. All of them came on Big. I only landed one fish, a 38. I will be putting up a report later on this afternoon. Dave Nicolai won it, he said all his fish came on an MG Spinnerbait (White). Whatever he caught them on, he had one hell of a weekend.

yodeldog
    Farmville, MN

John as Dan said, He caught all of them on a white spinner bait. I was surprised he said where he caught them and what with. I caught my 41″ on a black and red inline spinner. Dave that won the tourney is a fishing fool. I’ll bet he made the most casts out of anyone in the tourney. Him ,his 14 year old son, and his boat took a beating with the waves them days. He said he had 3″ of water above his floor in his Ranger most of the time Saturday morning.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Dave did have a heck of a tourney with the M&G. Don’t forget, he likes to cut the upper blade from the bait
    What a great time…can’t wait for next year!

C&R

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.