WX1900 performance

• mark o

I know there are a few WX1900’s out there, what are you guys getting for performance numbers? Does it ride pretty much the same speeds as the WX1880? I have a buddy that is looking at this boat and would like some info on what speeds you are getting with them.

Thanks

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I may be wrong, but I believe that both James and Dean run/ran this boat.

walleyewacker18
    Rice Lake, WI

Quote:

I know there are a few WX1900’s out there, what are you guys getting for performance numbers? Does it ride pretty much the same speeds as the WX1880? I have a buddy that is looking at this boat and would like some info on what speeds you are getting with them.

If I am not mistaken I believe you can go to the Skeeter Boat Center in Chippewa Falls, WI and test drive the boats. If he is that serious about buying a boat he might as well test drive it.

I know I would

Jordan

Thanks

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I may be wrong, but I believe that both James and Dean run/ran this boat.

Dean is running a 1900 this year I believe. I ran a 1950 last year and that boat was just sold so it is no longer available.

I ordered a 2100 with one of the new SHO Yamahas for this year and it can’t get here soon enough!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

If I am not mistaken I believe you can go to the Skeeter Boat Center in Chippewa Falls, WI and test drive the boats. If he is that serious about buying a boat he might as well test drive it.
    I know I would
    Jordan
    Thanks

Absolutely… Skeeter Boat Center is always willing to put you in the model of your choice so you can take it for a test drive.

Here’s a question for you James…

Looking at getting that WX1990 next year with that 225 SHO. Any ideas how this boat will perform at a top end speed vs. a WX1900 with a standard 200HP??

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Here’s a question for you James…

Looking at getting that WX1990 next year with that 225 SHO. Any ideas how this boat will perform at a top end speed vs. a WX1900 with a standard 200HP??

Well, this is just speculation since nobody has much if any time driving the SHO motors but here goes anyway….

Dean’s 1900 is a 50 MPH boat from my understanding. That’s with the “regular” 200 4S doing the pushing. I would expect the 1990 with the new SHO to be in the 53 – 56 MPH range but until someone gets some wheel time with these 25” motors we’re just guessing.

My 2100 is coming with an SHO Yamaha and my understanding is it will be one of the early motors to be hung at the Skeeter factory. So I should have one of the earlier boats in the area with an SHO. As soon as it gets to SBC I’ll be there waiting impatiently to put her through the paces. As soon as that happens I’ll be sure to share here.

Interesting…I know those 1880’s were getting 56-58 mph with a 200hp on them with the right prop.

Can’t wait to see how these new SHO’s test out!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Interesting…I know those 1880’s were getting 56-58 mph with a 200hp on them with the right prop.

Can’t wait to see how these new SHO’s test out!

You know I’m going to be quite conservative with my guesstimates, right?

I know of several 1880 with the 200 HPDIs that could hit 55 – 56 MPH. But I’m not going to go out on a limb regarding speed predictions until I’ve had the chance to run the new motors.

Actually, here’s a prediction… that 1990 will be slower than my 2100.

Quote:

Actually, here’s a prediction… that 1990 will be slower than my 2100.

I’d have to agree. I guess im just trying to find the most speed i can obtain from a Skeeter under 20′.

Fishing too many Pool 4 tourneys has turned me into a speed demon.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Fishing too many Pool 4 tourneys has turned me into a speed demon.

Yup, those aren’t tournaments as much as they’re boat races.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Pit crew?!

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I spent a few days pre-fishing out of deans boat this past week. Top speed I ever hit was 56. without pushing it and normal conditions i would say its a 52mph boat.
    It is an overall GREAT boat, handles the river well but can also handle the lake with ease. Let SBC, dean or myself know, and we would be happy to set up a test drive in one if he is interested.

Eric

715 829 2160

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

I spent a few days pre-fishing out of deans boat this past week. Top speed I ever hit was 56. without pushing it and normal conditions i would say its a 52mph boat.
    It is an overall GREAT boat, handles the river well but can also handle the lake with ease. Let SBC, dean or myself know, and we would be happy to set up a test drive in one if he is interested.

Eric

715 829 2160

Eric,

Did you play with the jackplate much? If so, any special observations you made?

Thanks,

FDR

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I didnt play with it a whole lot. What little I did, I noticed that it was much more of a fine tune adjustment. With the right prop on there it doesnt need a whole lot of adjustment from the jack plate. The jack plate did shine for whole shot and also for running shallower water(just dont tell dean that )

I would say it is worth having it on there!!!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

I didnt play with it a whole lot. What little I did, I noticed that it was much more of a fine tune adjustment. With the right prop on there it doesnt need a whole lot of adjustment from the jack plate. The jack plate did shine for whole shot and also for running shallower water(just dont tell dean that )

I would say it is worth having it on there!!!

Good to know. Thanks Eric.

FDR

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.