Skeeter Boat Ride & Drive June 5 & 6

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

For those interested, here’s the details on the Skeeter Ride & Drive coming up this friday and saturday, hosted by Skeeter Boat Center.

“Jun 05 – Jun 06 2009

Skeeter Boat Center Ride and Drive

Times: Friday 1pm-7pm; Saturday 10am-4pm

This is your opportunity to see and take a test drive in our complete line of Skeeter Fishing Boats during our 1st Annual On-The-Water Boat Show. Take your favorite boat for a Ride and experience the latest fishing technology like Humminbird Side Imaging and Lowrance HD fishing graphs. Register for free prizes and enjoy a snack. Hope to see you there!”

I’ll be there with my 1950. Stop on by for a look at the line up of Skeeter Boats and take one (or all of them) for a test spin. I’m looking forward to expanding my knowledge of the Humminbird SI units while I’m there… and getting some time behind the wheel of Dan’s go fast machine.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Wish I could make it. So tell me about the new ride. What big motor did you get? What are you seeing for speeds/performance so far? Had her on big water yet? Pepin blowing?? Looking for your initial thoughts.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I have a 225 Yamaha 4 stroke on my 1950. We’ve done a fair amount of prop testing and we’ve locked in on a 21 pitch 3 blade yamaha prop for the time being. Top speeds are in the 50 – 52 MPH range depending on load. Hole shot is very good. Cruising at 4000 RPMs I get 33 – 35 mph. There’s RPMs to work with yet at the top end so the search for the perfect prop continues but the current 21 pitch is more than adequate if you watch your RPMs to avoid over-revs. I’m thinking a 21 pitch with more cupping or a less aggressive 22 pitch should be perfect bringing the max RPMs back down under 6000 and offer a few more ticks on the speedo.

As for ride… it is incredible. Dean has a similar 1950 with a 200 HPDI. One of the recent tournaments launched out of Lake City on one of those days when the wind blew 30 MPH +. Their boat number was 32 if memory serves. Long story short… they beat everyone to the north end of the lake.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Excellent news. I looked at Dean’s last weekend and I’m truly in love with that boat. High gunwales for kids safety really has me excited. Now, where did I bury that money….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.