Lets see your new Skeeter

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Nice boat… and I like your username!

Please post back with some pics once you replace that new boat smell with some muskie ‘stank!

clawman
    Spokane Wa

Skeeter MX 1825
    F200 Yam
    9.9T Yam
    80# Minnkota Terrova
    Lowrance 9 touch
    Lowrance HDS-2 7

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

MX-2025
    200HPDI
    T9.9 kicker
    HDS-8 & LCX-27 on console
    HDS-7 on bow along with Minn Kota 80# Terrova w/I-pilot

Picked it up on March 8th this year from the SBC.

Had enough time to do a fair amount of testing and so far,
    I absolutely love this boat! (and so do my clients)
    I need to get a new picture though as this one doesn’t really do it justice.

Thanks Dean & Eric for all you help!

Joel “Boog” Ballweg

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

MX-2025
    200HPDI
    T9.9 kicker
    HDS-8 & LCX-27 on console
    HDS-7 on bow along with Minn Kota 80# Terrova w/I-pilot

Picked it up on March 8th this year from the SBC.

Had enough time to do a fair amount of testing and so far,
    I absolutely love this boat! (and so do my clients)
    I need to get a new picture though as this one doesn’t really do it justice.

Thanks Dean & Eric for all you help!

Joel “Boog” Ballweg

Sharp color scheme, Boog! How’s the 2025 handle with the 200 HPDI?

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

Sharp color scheme, Boog! How’s the 2025 handle with the 200 HPDI?

I gotta admit, I was a little concerned that this rig would be under powered. But after running it for several months now, I don’t feel like it is.

Does it take longer to get on plane with tank full of gas, the rear live well full of water, (and walleyes) and 4 people vs 2 people in the boat?

Yes of course it does but it still doesn’t struggle to get up on plane. And what boat doesn’t take longer to get on plane under those conditions.

The only issue so far that I may take action to fix is some slight porpoising under full load (4 people, tank full gas, live well full of water). But it’s not terrible like it was in my 18′ Lund Pro V under those same conditions. It was hard to stop the Lund from porpoising. I added a whale fin to the cavitation plate on the lund and that helped a lot. I’m thinking about doing the same here but not sure if I really need to.
    It’s something I’ve been meaning to run by my advisors but haven’t really been in a hurry about it because its just not all that bad. (Dean & Eric)

To sum it up, I love this boat!

Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

This might not be brand new but didn’t want you walleye boats to have all the fun. This is also my first time trying to post a picture so let’s hope this works.

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

New 2014 WX 2060 – I’ll post better pictures soon. This was before all the goodies including the Bob Hydraulic Jack Plate.

Attachments:
    1. Skeeter-clouds.jpg

Harpua

New to the forums here, but have put a lot of time reading all your posts and have gained a ton of knowledge. I recently joined the Skeeter family and can’t wait to take delivery on Thursday!

2014 Skeeter MX1825
    150 Yamaha 4 stroke
    9.9 Yamaha kicker
    Humminbird 999HDSI at the Console
    Humminbird 959HDDI at the Bow
    48″ Tracks in the rear and 12″ tracks in the bow

Picture was taken before rigging.

Attachments:
    1. 2014-Skeeter-MX1825.jpg

Zach H

Nice looking rig! Your going to love fishing out of that boat. Going on my second season with my MX1825 and don’t regret the purchase. I like the colors. Now you will just have to post pictures of the fish that it produces! Congrats on your new boat!

Goldpig
    Omaha, NE

Just picked my new Skeeter up yesterday…..hope to get it on the water today.

SX2250
    250 Yamaha Fourstroke

Attachments:
    1. Skeeter.jpg

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

SX2250
    250 Yamaha Fourstroke

Now that’s a bit different than everyone else’s Skeeter.
    Where and what are you fishing with that beautiful rig?

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

WX2060

Attachments:
    1. 20140713_113117_Android1.jpg

2. 20140713_131422_Android1.jpg

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

One more

Attachments:
    1. 20140713_131857_Android1.jpg

Goldpig
    Omaha, NE

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Goldpig wrote:</div>

SX2250
    250 Yamaha Fourstroke

Now that’s a bit different than everyone else’s Skeeter.
    Where and what are you fishing with that beautiful rig?

Fishing in Jacksonville, FL for redfish, trout, flounder and perhaps some near shore fishing in the ocean. I have only lived here a year.

Grew up in MN fishing Mille Lacs……

Harpua

Nice looking rig! Your going to love fishing out of that boat. Going on my second season with my MX1825 and don’t regret the purchase. I like the colors. Now you will just have to post pictures of the fish that it produces! Congrats on your new boat!

Thanks, BigHan! Unfortunately, delivery got pushed back until Sunday so I’m still waiting, painfully waiting, to get it on the water. I can’t wait!!!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

New to the forums here, but have put a lot of time reading all your posts and have gained a ton of knowledge. I recently joined the Skeeter family and can’t wait to take delivery on Thursday!

2014 Skeeter MX1825
    150 Yamaha 4 stroke
    9.9 Yamaha kicker
    Humminbird 999HDSI at the Console
    Humminbird 959HDDI at the Bow
    48″ Tracks in the rear and 12″ tracks in the bow

Picture was taken before rigging.

Nice rig. You will love the boat. Very close to my colors. I’m on my 3rd season and love the smooth dry ride. Storage is awesome.

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

I’m over here fishing out of my little rowing canoe still and drooling over every one of these rigs what I would do to just fish out of one would be ridiculous let alone own one but I will say gentlemen you guys have got a great thing going… Good fishing and tight lines

Attachments:
    1. IMAG1323.jpg

2. IMAG1322.jpg

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

I’m going on just over two weeks breaking in my new WX1900 and I’m lovin’ it! It’s a perfect layout for the hard core multi-species fishing AND family outings that I do. My catch rate is up slightly and I’m sporting a non-narcotic perma-grin.

Attachments:
    1. P10905431.jpg

2. PI2DC81.jpg

hookinupwalleye
    NULL

Got my new 2015 WX2190 a couple months ago. Lovin it!!!

Attachments:
    1. image53.jpg

pale ryder
    NULL

They are delivering it Friday.
    My new MX1825.

Attachments:
    1. a11.jpg

imhooked
    Oconomowoc, WI

Took delivery of my 2nd Skeeter purchased through the top notch staff at SBC (MX 1825) and couldn’t be happier…well no..I’m sure even happier when I get my 3rd!

Attachments:
    1. 8938.jpg

hookinupwalleye
    NULL

Got my new 2015 WX2190 a couple months ago. Lovin it!!!

Checkout the custom “t-top” I had made for my WX2190. I also had full canvas enclosure curtains made for those cold fall/winter night fishing outings…

Attachments:
    1. 20141108_153520.jpg

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

MX2025 from SBC in Chippewa Falls. Yamaha HPDI 200, T 9.9 kicker. HDS 8,7, and 5.
    Terrova 101.

where’s it been? the Miss river (alot). LOTW, and Green Bay

Attachments:
    1. skeeter-004.jpg

2. skeeter-005.jpg

SLE

Long time reader, first time poster on this site! Apparently the Skeeter forum rubbed off on me as I find myself with a lightly used WX1900 after updating from my old Yarcraft Storm. After rigorously researching boats I end up with a shortlist consisting of only 5 boats that I would consider, 2 of the five being Skeeter WXs.

Anyhow, below is a pic of my 2011 WX1900 powered by a 200 HPDI, 9.9 kicker, and 101lb 36v Terrova I-Pilot. Electronics wise I just finished installing the electronics package which consist of an HDS8 at the bow, and an HDS8 & HDS7 on the dash all linked through and a Lowrance LSS2. Rail mounted Folbe advantage rod holders should handle my days of trolling. Still to come will be a marine band radio and a few minor odds and ends including some tarp modifications, a fire extinguisher, and possibly the NEMA backbone or Yamaha Command Link.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0815.jpg

2. IMG_07141.jpg

3. IMG_0714.jpg

SLE

FYI, I’m a bit jealous of you guys that have Skeeters rigger with Mercs! Finding a used one is a like a needle in a haystack. After trouble free ownership of an 05′ 225 Opti that was a beast of an engine for 7 seasons, this HPDI stated life in my possession by sitting in two different shops and eventually getting 6 new injectors and no factory help since it was a used rig and a year out of warrantee! I’ll own this mistake as my bad as I had a shop go through it before buying and it got a clean bill of health so I didn’t do on water test with it, not smart! As they say, live and learn. Hopefully that HPDI will be good to go from here on out!

socoeyechaser
    Colorado

Nice boat Steve! I’m assuming your situation with your Yamaha HPDI was unique. Yamaha motors are fantastic. Hopefully you don’t have anymore problems know that your motor is fixed. I’ve had a 150 carbureted, 200 HPDI and now a 300 Offshore (only 2 hours). With all of these motors, I run Yamaha Ring Free and suggest you consider using it with all fuel fill ups. It is expensive but you only need 1 oz. for every 10 gallons. Hopefully this reduces risk of any fuel related components failing. Enjoy your new boat!

mh454
    ND

MX2025 from SBC in Chippewa Falls. Yamaha HPDI 200, T 9.9 kicker. HDS 8,7, and 5.
    Terrova 101.

where’s it been? the Miss river (alot). LOTW, and Green Bay

What’s your top speed with this setup? Thanks!

SLE

socoeye, I believe it’s a pretty isolated incident as I wasn’t able to find much on the world wide web when searching about HPDI injector issues. There is a ton of info about the VST tank, and the different filters that can cause some headaches, but generally speaking the 2.6L HPDIs have a pretty good reputation. After running through two different shops and finding out that it was a very difficult problem to trouble shoot, I now know that every part of the fuel and electrical system has been gone through very thoroughly! Although they truly only found one bank that was having the issue they did error on the safe side and replacing all of the injectors. Like I said, the good news is, after a thorough run through the shop, everything has been checked and double checked so I should hopefully be good to go for years to come. The bad is simply the hassle and money. Kudos to the dealer I bought it from, they were very accommodating, although a 4.5 hour drive away, they did pick-up more than half the tab from there recommended mechanic who did get it fixed and accommodated a delivery within an hours drive of my house. Considering it was out of warrantee, a trade in, given a clean bill of health by a third party dealer, and I took delivery with out doing an on water test, they could have told me to pound sand!

I don’t care what brand it is, they can all have issues! We of course become partial to the one that doesn’t give “us” any issues. Hopefully 7 years from now I can be as proud of my grey motor as I was of my black one. Maybe next time I’ll need to try a white one, ha ha. I always I get a chuckle from homers that through stones at the brand they don’t own. Last thing, I do have to say that the red and black Skeeter on the first page with the Merc hanging on the back is an awfully sharp combination!

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

Sorry, haven’t looked at this thread for awhile. 46-50 is pretty common with 2-3 people. 52 by myself one day in light wind going downstream (with me paddling in addition )

Quick enough for me. Holeshot is excellent especially if the fron tank is full.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 157 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.