Skeeter 2050 Humminbird SI transducer installation

• skeeterbear

I just purchased a hummingbird 998c for my zx2050 and was wondering what others have done for installation. Is the 2 transducer set-up the way to go? Any pictures or tips would be great. I just want to get it right the first time. Thanks

smokinbobo
    Monticello / Guthrie, MN

I added a high speed transducer to my SI setup this summer and found I had a much clearer picture of the bottom under power. Plus I got the SI transducer up out of the water when on plane getting rid of its little rooster tail. I would definitely recommend it.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Bob, I have the thru hull transducer and the SI transducer on my WX1850. SBC will be putting a high speed transducer on the transom this winter. I guess what I’m saying is you won’t regret putting the high speed on.

Check out this link. It’s video of me running over 350′ of water at 34 MPH. The high speed works great.
    http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l97/ruger8mm/Internet%20pics/?action=view&current=MVI_5048.mp4

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Quote:

I added a high speed transducer to my SI setup this summer and found I had a much clearer picture of the bottom under power.

+1. If you can swing it, I’d get one glassed in too. Always nice to have a backup if somethings happened to the external / high speed ‘ducer. good luck….

skeeterbear

Thanks for the replys I will get the 2nd transducer. Does anybody know the part number for the transom mount high speed transducer?
    Thanks

skeeterbear

I used the standard transom mount bracket. Now I am just waiting for the ice to leave the IGL’s so I can test my installation

reddog

Well, the ice is gone…. now if you can just get the wind to lay down. Lots of Rangers come rigged with the thru hull, but I’m not seeing any Skeeters.

Is the “step” even large enough to do a thru hull on a WX series?

Bear, If you need any help tuning that Bird, or have any problems, I’m in the IGL also.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Well, the ice is gone…. now if you can just get the wind to lay down. Lots of Rangers come rigged with the thru hull, but I’m not seeing any Skeeters.

Is the “step” even large enough to do a thru hull on a WX series?

Bear, If you need any help tuning that Bird, or have any problems, I’m in the IGL also.

Oh yeah, I’ve got the thru hull and I’ve been in a number of WX’s with a thru hull transducer.

skeeterbear

Reddog thanks for the ice out report I am headed to Chamberlain, Sd this weekend to give the new humminbirds a try if they need some tuning I may be looking to you for some help. Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.