Performance Reports WX2100 w/300

• skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Well after having the ZX2050 w/ 300hpdi I must admit I miss the top speed of the boat, but thats about it. The new 2100 rides like a dream and I love the layout. After testing 4 different props and speaking with 5 other guys with the 2100 and 300 offshore I was confident I had the best stock prop. That prop ended up being the Turbo 1 21p.

My dad just switched his from the lightning to turbo 1 and picked up 400rpms and 1.3mph. In a 5mph wind his boat ran 60.1mph @5900rpms with full tanks of fuel. We will cup his a little so when he gets less fuel he wont hit the rev limiter.

Now for me I started with the turbo 1 and then had it cupped. Added a little too much and lost 4-500rpms but only a .5mph in speed. Was able to trim higher and boat had some nice lift. The 2nd best prop I tried was a powertech 21p. Ran 59.5mph @5800rpms. I like how it performed all around but the boat didnt seem to get much lift.

After doing some checking with my dealer and skeeter they have never heard of a jack plate on the 2100 let alone with a 300 offshore. Well I did it I put my cupped turbo 1 back on the boat. Hoping to gain my rpms back. We set it up pretty conservative on height but after running it last weekend we need to readjust because I can run the plate all the way up and 3/4 trim. I will gain alot more by running about 1/2 trim and motor higher. My results were I gained 400rpms and ran 61.8mph on the same run my dad ran 60.1. In a 2′ chop I was able to run 62.6mph, I dont really count that as a true top speed but it sure was fun!

Overall I am happy with the result so far. Like I said I spoke with 5 others running the same boat, this boat is a 58-60mph boat depending on prop. Running down stream or with a huge tail wind are not true numbers! I believe I should be able to run mid 62+ once we get it set up.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I bet you have a huge rooster tail with the jackplate.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

I bet you have a huge rooster tail with the jackplate.

Not to bad right now cause I cant go any higher with the jack plate. We’ll see what happens when I get it adjusted

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

How does it backtroll?

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

How does it backtroll?

Backtroll I have only backtrolled with this boat once, 1-2′ chop and drift sock out the front works just fine. I hardly ever backtroll, maybe 2x a year for a short while. I will use my kicker if need be and forward troll or I will drift and use my bow mount to work along an edge. Calm out its all bow mount!

Wheel boat vs tiller = different style of fishing

See ya up at Winnie in a couple weeks

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Quote:

Yep, we’ll be there. I could use your boat this weekend on Lake of the Woods though because it sounds like we will be making a long run. I should be in Grand Rapids about 6 tonight. I’ll fill mine up with gas before I drop it off.

dslars

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, we’ll be there. I could use your boat this weekend on Lake of the Woods though because it sounds like we will be making a long run. I should be in Grand Rapids about 6 tonight. I’ll fill mine up with gas before I drop it off.

Fife- you can use mine as long as I get all the prize money you make, and your hot spots on Mille Lacs! That is as long as you can settle for going only 59mph

Dan Larson

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

Quote:

Oh headed up there huh, we thought about it but just didnt work out. On a long run I dont think you would like the fuel bill lol. Good luck this weekend.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

Fife- you can use mine as long as I get all the prize money you make, and your hot spots on Mille Lacs! That is as long as you can settle for going only 59mph
    Dan Larson

That sounds like a fair trade If I didnt have to use mine this weekend I would offer the same deal fife!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Quote:

Dan Larson

You can have the prize money, but I can’t give you all of the Mille Lacs spots and 59 mph sounds a little slow. I was kind of hoping you would have all of your Lake of the Woods spots marked, so I could just run to them.

dslars

Quote:

Quote:

Dan Larson

You can have the prize money, but I can’t give you all of the Mille Lacs spots and 59 mph sounds a little slow. I was kind of hoping you would have all of your Lake of the Woods spots marked, so I could just run to them.

Apparently you havn’t looked at my tournament results from LOTW Have fun up there, wish I could have fit it into my schedule

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.