The other new 2100!

• skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Figured I would post a couple pics of my dad’s new 2100. Not the best pics cause I took them with the phone. The colors are night and day different when in the sunlight. As far as the setup its the exact same as mine. Makes it easy when we use either boat lol.

The colors are black wheat, wheat, sterling pinstripes and mod white.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Looking good Corey. So do you guys have to fight over who’s boat to take?

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

If it didnt have blue on the back that would be hands down the best looking rig Ive ever lid eyes on!

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

Looking good Corey. So do you guys have to fight over who’s boat to take?

Haha, actually its the opposite. My dad always wants to take mine so his stays clean. Crawler fishing is a mess so we both got out carpets out now. They will both be getting washed on friday(by me of course). Gotta keep them looking good as you know!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Gotta keep them looking good as you know!

Oh yes, I got yelled at by Nicole on Sat cause I was taking to long wiping down the boat at the landing. I’ve spent more time wiping and vacuuming this boat than I ever have any other boat.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

If it didnt have blue on the back that would be hands down the best looking rig Ive ever lid eyes on!

Thanks, we really like how both turned out and being a lot different from everyone. Yea yamaha should offer different color motors lol. Gonna try getting some on the water pics this weekend, then you really will like it.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

I like the blue on yours but not with the black and gold. If i remember correctly james mentioned something aabout black being offed in the future or on a diffent motor altogether…

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I like the blue on yours but not with the black and gold. If i remember correctly james mentioned something aabout black being offed in the future or on a diffent motor altogether…

We’re telling anyone that will listen at Yamaha that they need to offer their motors to the walleye crowd in the “SHO” colors.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/vmax_micro/

I understand why the grey sells so well on the all white hulls in saltwater but there’s a bunch of us that would love to see the black hoods and lower units made available in the 25″ shafts as well.

We’ll keep trying.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I dont think the offshore looks blue. They seem more grey to me. It would be sweet if there was a black Offshore.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I love those colors! Then again maybe I’m just a little biased. Tell your dad congrats!

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

I love those colors! Then again maybe I’m just a little biased. Tell your dad congrats!

Haha, nice looking boat. Did you go with the black wheat as well? Hard to tell in the picture but what are your S and Double S colors?

arklite881south

Quote:

Figured I would post a couple pics of my dad’s new 2100. Not the best pics cause I took them with the phone. The colors are night and day different when in the sunlight. As far as the setup its the exact same as mine. Makes it easy when we use either boat lol.

The colors are black wheat, wheat, sterling pinstripes and mod white.

VERY NICE!! I also love the “Team Skeeter Logo”

Still think the SBC should come up with their very own “SWAT” team!! (Serious Walleye Angling Team).

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

VERY NICE!! I also love the “Team Skeeter Logo”

Still think the SBC should come up with their very own “SWAT” team!! (Serious Walleye Angling Team).

Yeah its a nice logo but I sure wish it was like the old raised gel Team Decal. I think one could make a pretty sweet logo with the name SWAT!

Jerrod

You can get them with black motors.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Yeah, but then you’d have to have a Verado on the back.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

Quote:

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Quote:

I was wondering how long that would take once I saw the whole black motor cover comments pop up.

Its good to see that people can get a Mercury on a Skeeter if they want.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I was wondering how long that would take once I saw the whole black motor cover comments pop up.

Its good to see that people can get a Mercury on a Skeeter if they want.

I would think you can get any outboard on a Skeeter if you want. “Have money, send it in!” I know Skeeter will ship boats without outboards hung on the back.

Jerrod

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[image]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l97/ruger8mm/Online%

I’m happy to have a Verado on the back. All the performance numbers I have seen indicate the Verado is just a touch faster than the Offshore, price was comparable, and I take some satisfaction in the fact that my Verado was made in the USA. Honestly, I was tempted to wait for the Offshore last spring/summer. I’ve had several Yamaha outboards in the past, T8 kickers were great, 175 HPDI VMax was great, 250 HPDI not so much. I’ll wait until a bunch of those Offshore’s get 200-300 hours on them without major powerhead issues before I jump in. The 250 HPDI left me a little cautious. Verado has been nothing but impressive so far.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I’m happy to have a Verado on the back. All the performance numbers I have seen indicate the Verado is just a touch faster than the Offshore, price was comparable, and I take some satisfaction in the fact that my Verado was made in the USA. Honestly, I was tempted to wait for the Offshore last spring/summer. I’ve had several Yamaha outboards in the past, T8 kickers were great, 175 HPDI VMax was great, 250 HPDI not so much. I’ll wait until a bunch of those Offshore’s get 200-300 hours on them without major powerhead issues before I jump in. The 250 HPDI left me a little cautious. Verado has been nothing but impressive so far.

Just teasing ya there Jerrod. All in good fun.

Actually I was more than happy to get rid of my Verado and I don’t see myself getting another one. But that’s another story.

No harm bud.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Mercury makes a good motor as well. My dad ran a few of the earlier opti max’s and never had an issue. Then he ran a 150 vmax then on his 05′ skeeter a 250hpdi. My uncle now owns the 05′ and that motor has never had one problem, dont know the hours but its was used every weekend since new. A guy does the scheduled maintenance and runs good gas with additives and ring free there would be alot less motor problem of all brands out there.

As far as performance of the vrod vs sho I will have to see it in person. It seems tough to get a prop right for these new offshores, it was funny cause there was 5 of them in the MTT last weekend and everybody is asking each other what they are running and what top speed.

The numbers some have claimed on here arent correct. I have ran 4 props now some custom and only have seen a 1.5mph difference in them all. I mean I hit 61.7 but that was with a 10mph tail wind. I go off just a slight chop or flat for true speed.

I got something up my sleeve that no one has tried yet , hope to test it next week so we will see if it does the trick

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.