Skeeter WX2190 OR Ranger 621FS

• amruger204

Ok We are looking at new boats and have never ridden in either , We fish bigger lakes and want the bigger boat. We know there several inside design storage difference. What we are wondering is who has either owned both or ridden in both in rough water. Which one takes the rough stuff better?

Thank you

riverrookie
    Kasson, MN

Fished as a Co-angler last year on the Cabelas NWT and had the luxury of fishing out of both you mentioned as well as the Triton 216, Yarcraft 209tfx and Lund 2075. They all did fine in the big waves, I would consider the interior layout you prefer and strength of local dealership in your decision. If you want to test drive the Yarcraft 209, let me know mine will be here the end of August. Also, check out the Airwave seat pedestals, they are a true difference maker.

Kevin Hines

Have owned both boats. Both boats handle big water well.

I feel that the WX2190 is better in big water because of the hull design and deeper sides. The Skeeter pushes the spray out further and the windshield is taller, so you get less water coming back at you when running in the rough stuff.

I would test drive and crawl through every boat in the size that you are considering and let that help you make the decision.

I agree with riverrookie in that dealer that you purchase from is very important. When looking last year SBC put a WX2060 and a WX2190 side by side in the heated bays so that I could climb from one boat to the other to compare and let us test drive them as well. Never offered that anywhere else.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Both good boats. I would never have anything but a Yamaha hanging off the back. I know you can get them on Rangers but they usually are a hefty price tag. The open cockpit on the skeeter is what I like best. So nice for trolling. I can fit for sure 24-3600 boxes in the back between the starboard storage and the storage under the jump seats. Also nice storage under the dash for like a BB Bait box.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I believe you will best answer your questions by driving both! I encourage you to not only drive them, but evaluate how you use your boat and what your priorities are regarding floor plan, number of people etc etc. Of course, tough to beat a Yamaha too ! :]

skeeter11

I own a WX 2190 and fish lake Sakakawea and lake Oahe. This boat trolls unbelievable in the wave/swells, on plane it handles and cuts through the waves nicely. Its an impressive big water boat!I have not heard much on the 621fs Rangers but I am sure they are good too. The Skeeter has a deeper interior and the open cockpit. The Ranger has the “u” shape storage system taking up alot of cockpit floor space. To each there own, we all have our own preference. I prefer the open cockpit. If you are in the Bismarck area I would be happy to give you a test drive. Good luck

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.