skeeter latch issues

• tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I have a 2012 MX1825 and the latches in the wall rod locker and wall doors do not work as far as locking and unlocking and never have as long as I have owned this boat. The latches in the floor rod locker, storage compartments front and back work fine. Just the wall latches. Boat always stored inside and they look like they should work. The key will not go into the slot to even try to lock or unlock as the metal that the key pushes against to go into the key slot will not budge. I find it odd that all four latches are experiencing the same exact problem. I have started pulling the boat out the night before instead of the morning of fishing and I would like to lock all the compartments when sitting in the driveway overnight. I live in what I feel a very safe neighborhood but one never knows. Any ideas?

Attachments:
    1. boat-lock.jpg

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Maybe squirt some Kroil on them and let sit overnight??? If they’re stuck that should fix it

Stanley

Could they be keyed different? On my boat I have hatches on the gunnels that are keyed different than the ones on the floor. I bought the boat new and that’s how it came.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I have two different keys and think the one must be for the wall latches. It is probably as simple as Craig suggests and they are just stuck. I don’t see any signs of corrosion so thought maybe there might be something else I needed to do to get them to work. I am going to give Craig idea a try and then apply some force. I have just applied hand pressure to this point. Didn’t want to break it but probably will and then need to buy new latches doah

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

My 2017 had new side doors put in on one of it’s regular service visits. Dean said it was a new design, I think.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

My GUT tells me that those latches are keyed different from what you have on the locks that do work. If you like, contact August at the Ramsey store and he can send you different keys to try or feel free to stop by if in the area.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I totally read the OP wrong! doah

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.