Sissabagama advice needed-In yes, Wisconsin

• tim hurley

Who is the Wisconsin expert here? Tried to get a good cabin here in loon country, but had to go to cheese country. This one is near Spooner. Any fish are good, like pannies and bass but would settle for a Walter. Have posted on the Wisconsin page but that is a sleepy site. Going in a week-Thanks

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Call a local bait shop.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Talk to Resort owner. They want you to catch fish so you come back.

tim hurley

The more sources of info you get the better-I am asking on IDO because I want info from IDo (hello?!) I’ve gotten good info at the gas station, boat launch, even from teens at a roadside corn-stand. Every year I fish at my friend’s cabin, the closest bait store has NEVER given us good info, in another area a bait store an owner brought us to a spot! Many resort people are too busy to fish and know very little, up on Leech their is a resort guy who is very dialed in on L. & many area lakes (think his wife does a lot of the resort work!)

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Used to have a seasonal camper on that Big Sis, still one of my favorite lakes to fish. It depends on which species you are targeting. The lake has muskie, northern, walleye small and large mouth bass, crappies and sunnies.

Stone Lake Bait and Tackle should be able to give your advice. If not maybe Hayward Bait and Tackle. Then hit the Angry Minnow (in Hayward) for a River Pig IPA.

Smallies like to summer off the big rock bar in the middle of the lake, In the summer top water (poppers) can be great for them.
    Largemouth invade the shallows all over the lake. We did best on small floating crankbaits.
    Crappies hang off the deep weed edges. Slip bobber and minnows work best.
    The west bay has a sharp weed edge across the opening where the northerns like to hang out. Spoons, bucktails spinners with some red work best.
    Didn’t do much walleye fishing so no help there.
    Muskies feed along the weeds near deeper water. Lots of cabbage weeds in the lake find them you will find fish. Best bait for us were safety pin spinners like Northland Tackle Bionic bucktails. Also topwater at sunup or sundown.

Make sure you get to Pine Ridge restaurant for the fish fry.

tim hurley

Great tips Tim! I will mostly fish for bass and pannies, have not caught a SMB all year so that would be a treat, I will contact those bait shops.
    Tim

Dan Buchmann

I’ve fished it a few times, pretty much what was said earlier is right on. Lots of humps and points to fish. Decent fishing in the whole lake. Biggest walleye I caught on Big Sis came in 3′ of water on a spinnerbait.

tim hurley

I have caught many on spinners, cool-Thx Dan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.