Simple Bucket Rod Holder

• papaperch

5 gallon buckets one of our most common ice fishing tools. Simple idea that made a lot of sense. Almost all rod holders I have used in the past. Have greatly disappointed me when ice or dock fishing. Also like the idea of one item performing two or more uses. In this case it also serves as a fish container. I don’t like putting my fish on the ice. One they are easier to clean when I get home . Two lots of fish on ice draw lots of attention.

I used me ever faith dremel tool to cut handle and rod grooves. Then filed and sanded to ensure line doesn’t catch anywhere. Have used for 4 years now and am completely satisfied.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Great, simple, cheap idea.
    Thanks for sharing! waytogo

Deke12

Off topic but I notice you have the free fall ghost combo … what are your thoughts on it

Lund1775
    Waconia, MN

^X2 on the free fall ghost combo, Also that is a great idea with the bucket. I have used any free standing rod holders and they all kinda sucked and are very awkward and a pain to store.

papaperch

Comments on the Ghost reel . In my opinion is a good investment. I removed any factory lube didn’t seem to be much. Replaced it wit the 321 synthetic. Seemed to help the free fall. One reel handles a really small pinmin on freefall, the other seems to need a tad more weight. Have no idea why. Both reels are identical and might equalize with use.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.