The “Winter of Discontent”

• djorg
    Central City, NE

The winter of 09-10 has been one not to write about at Sherman. Health related problems have kept me off of the lake a great deal. I still would have fished it a great deal more but all of my ” contacts” were negative. They left the lake much higher this year; which has led to the destruction of our dock.

I throw this question out to the field: “Have the changes made to the lake changed the way Sherman fishes through the ice or is this winter just an anomaly?”

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

ANOMALY

2009 was a screwed up year all the way around. Heck, I am still running the dryer every day at the elevator because the 2009 corn crop is still wet

djorg
    Central City, NE

CORN?? I thought it was diapers that messed up your 2009 year Zac. LOL

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Quote:

CORN?? I thought it was diapers that messed up your 2009 year Zac. LOL

YES

mb376
    Lincoln, Nebraska

Quote:

I throw this question out to the field: “Have the changes made to the lake changed the way Sherman fishes through the ice or is this winter just an anomaly?”

Tough question to answer. I think in the world of fishing nothing ever stays exactly the same. That is what makes it so much fun. I think the easy answer is yes things have changed, but how much and whether for better or worse is the hard part. I do think that higher water levels (if they stay) will result in better long term recruitment.

I guess there is only one way to find out, just keep fishing it and see if it gets better or worse. Then all you have to do is figure out why.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.