Fall Walleye Bite on Sherman?

• tptdog5
    Omaha, NE

How is the fall walleye bite on Sherman? I was up there over the weekend and caught a few white bass, crappie and channel cats, but the wife is threatening me with divorce if we don’t catch some ‘eyes this year.

djorg
    Central City, NE

Not much happening so far. The water is dropping as you know and that is making for much larger balls of baitfish. Towards the end of this month the walleye fishing should pick up. I just hope that we have a ramp that will allow us to get into the lake.

Good fishin’
    jorg

RickG

Fished Sherman on Sat. 1 17″ walleye and 1 small cat is all we could muster. Saw several boats out, but it was hard to see if anyone was catching anything with the fog and drizzle. Tried Davis Creek on Sunday with a few small white bass. Water was still 61 degrees at both lakes.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Heard a lot of bad reports about Sherman lately.

Have to fish it NEXT fall when there’s actually water in it and their renovation is completed.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Give it a little more time. I had some great luck last fall after the water temps were around 50 degrees. I’m guessing the shad are really concentrated again and getting eaten up fast with the water down. If shad numbers drop as low this year as they did last year the ice fishing should be killer again.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Tried the crappie on the dam on Friday but all I could hook into were 18-20″ snakes, 4 of them. When the snakes are there, the crappie aren’t. There was some bait and a couple of short eyes that were caught just around the corner of the marina point.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.