Red Hot Sherman

• zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

It is on like Donky Kong at Sherman. I was only able to fish for a couple of hours Saturday morning as the rain wasn’t bad to fish in but the lightening was scary. I was the only boat on the water and was rewarded for my efforts. The fish were hungry and thick. Can’t wait to get up there again this week

djorg
    Central City, NE

Zach, we were up Monday morning and caught a lot of males in the 17-19″ size range. I really don’t think that the females have started to move up. Talked to a few who fished the dam on Sunday afternoon and evening and they did real well but again no females; just males.

This afternoon the GPC was getting there nets ready.

This year’s lake reclamation projects are really going well. They still have the huge piles of tires yet.

Good fishin’

dj

pete meister
    Nebraska

Well that huge pile of tires have eight less now. Got the dodge some new shoes. LOL We didnt have any luck fishing that particular piece of structure but we gave her HELL!!!

shermanator
    Nebraska

Pete that’s funny. I drove by there on Sunday, wondering if anybody ever does that. And hey, how about the dam road. About threw the family truckster in the lake the other day trying to keep her on the road and seeing who was fishing!

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

What did happen to the road?? Males for me and I was praying that the females would stay off until the dam was closed off but it doesn’t sound like that is the case. There were some females caught last weekend, including a 10+ PIGGY that was kept . Shore fisherman tore it up Sunday evening with some females being caught.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Pete and I were up there Sunday and it was a very busy place. I’m guessing there were over 25 boats out there and when we left at 7:00 we counted 24 people on the dam waiting for the big girls to come up after dark. (I sure hope they release all fish that are snagged )
    We caught close to 60 walleyes and a handful of crappie and white bass. I would have to guess that 90% of the eyes we caught were males. We had a couple of decent males that will be in the frying pan tonight. After the long winter it looks like the spawn may actually be a little early this year at Sherman. I’ll bet some of the females will start being caught all over the lake starting next weekend. I might make it up there again next weekend but will probably wait until the following weekend.

walleye4
    On the Water

Does G&P have the nets out yet? Are they marked? I might head up there this weekend if the wife gets to feeling better.

gwalter
    Grand Island, NE

It looked like they were getting the nets ready to put out yesterday.

Pillager
    Akaska SD

Whats wrong with keeping a female or two Zach? Fried Walleye eggs are better than cheeks anyday. I love this time of year. Took home a 6lber yesterday afternoon that made the beer taste real good.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

You can take all the females you want in S.D. Don’t have a bit of a problem with that

Pillager
    Akaska SD

too cold up there. Guess I should have been more clear. Was at Sherman yesterday and had a great day of fishing. Most fish were returned. However, got to have them eggs and theres only one way to get them. Just razzing you a little Zach, nothing personal.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Welcome to IDA, Pillager

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Glad to have you here Pilliger. Will you be fishing the tourney at Sherman in a few weeks??

Pillager
    Akaska SD

Geez, that was my first post? Thought I had posted here before. Thanks for the welcome. Ya I’ll see you in a few weeks. My keyboard attempts at humor are lost on most, but really, nothing compares to walleye eggs, I was serious about that.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

My keyboard attempts at humor are lost on most

I got it right away, and laughed!! (and I saw Zach gave it right back to you, too!)

Great to finally have you here, Pillager.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.