Almost TIME!

• walleye4
    On the Water

It’s almost time to leave for a weekend at the lake. Leaving about 9:30 tomorrow morning for 3 days up there. Reports I have been getting have been good so I hope that continues.

See you on the water,

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Good luck and let us know how you do. I want to get up there soon. I’m leaving in the morning for the NASCAR race in Kansas City all weekend and next weekend Zach and I are heading to Minnesota for the big eyes on Mille Lacs. So sometime after that you can bet that I will be at Sherman!!!!!!

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Want to make a friendly wager on who will have the first fish in the boat saturday morning???

I LUV THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!!!!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Zach- are you going after some eyes??

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I gotta go home after work, get a few hours sleep, then I’ll be up there chasin walleye4 around the lake Friday afternoon and Saturday. You gonna be up there this weekend, Zach? Look for the Crestliner…..but I’m afraid to make that wager with you!

walleye4
    On the Water

If I was going for crappie I might just jump at that wager but we are going to concentrate on walleye in the mornings then switch to crappie later in the day. The walleye BETTER be hungry cause I dumped $50.00 at Cabela’s today on cranks.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Crappie are they prey for this weekend, the ‘eyes’ are next weekend!!!!
    I will be at the ramp at 7:00am if you guys are interested in parting with some of your hard earned cash

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

WOW that’s early (of course, because I work nights, so that’s when I’m goin to bed!)! But I’ll be there and try to get up early too….we’ll see ya SOMEwhere!

walleye4
    On the Water

Not much to report for this weekend. All we did basicaly was troll cranks cause I lost one of my trolling motor batteries and couldn’t really use the motor much. We got 1 carp, 1 white bass, 1 crappie, 2 short walleye, and a 13.6# Flathead. Water was kinda murky still but we marked fish everywhere. Didn’t see a whole lot of shad though. Saturday morning we marked some with fish all around the schools and that is where we got the walleyes. Going to go back soon when the water temp gets colder.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Wish I would have seen you at the dock!! I had water pump problems and had to take the boat into Kearney. That SUCKED!!!!

walleye4
    On the Water

That would suck!!!!!

Saturday was probably the best day to try for crappie as the wind was light. Wish I could have done more but without a trolling motor would have been a big hassel. I got a different battery ready to go, all I need to do now is find some time to get back up there.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Sorry to hear that Zach, that’s not really a good time having those problems. We were wondering where you were. It was real tough though, days like that make smoke come out of my ears trying to think of what’ll work for some fish.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

I was hoping to see one of you at the ramp so I could bum a ride but I must have been there a little too early for you guys. Sure would be a nice day to be up there today though!!!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Damn, that sucks. I would have gladly taken you as I was the only one in the Crestliner. We should have told you where we were staying, which was up on the hill in the RV section. We’ll be more “with it” next time.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Things can only get better from here on out!! Zach and I are off to Minnesota this weekend!!! In the next couple of weeks we may have to all get together up there and see what happens when we all work together to figure out the eyes!!!!

walleye4
    On the Water

Sounds like a plan Ben!

papajon
    Grand Island Ne

Ill be headed up to Sherman this weekend (Friday-Sunday)any of you make it up that way Ill be in the spectrum ks tag on the old girl yet(Ill change that one of these days)Dont be afraid to stop and say hello

walleye4
    On the Water

Won’t make it this weekend!

I am going toget stuff done around the house and maybe try to get up there in a week or two.

Let us know how it goes!

papajon
    Grand Island Ne

Spent most of the weekend chewing the fat with dad he didnt want to get on the rough water.I did slip out sat night for a couple hours only picked up one eye 20in trolling the west side. Water temp on the surf was still 60.Maybe next week.

walleye4
    On the Water

Might have to make it back up there really soon. Last trips pictures got me on TV last night. That was pretty cool!!!!!!!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.