Shed #12 and 13

• ragerunner
    Winona, MN

I went to our farm on Saturday morning with the intent of fixing fences all day. Well, the 2-3 inches of snow put a damper on that idea (although I was too stubborn to not go…) After sliding around the hills for a few wet hours, I decided to call it quits. I left my fencing gear next to the highway, then cut through the woods to pick up my 4-wheeler. I walked on a path that is very open and the deer rarely use, but I didn’t have anything to lose. Just as I my mind started to drift off to the 50+ cattle that we were going to castrate/vaccinate later, I looked down to find the long lost match shed from the first shed of the year. Unfortunately the titanium-teethed tree rats had done some serious damage, I was still thrilled to match it up…especially with the fresh snow. I took a picture with the matched set. I sure hope he keeps growing!

After working our cattle, I was feeling lucky so I went back to a spot with lots of deer sign, but no sheds this year. Just steps away from the cedar patch, I thought I spotted an old cow rib. Upon closer inspection, it was an old ABC shed. Likely from a 2 1/2 year old buck, the shed only had the main beam, but likely had 5 points at its freshest. I continued on, but to no more avail.

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

Too bad the rats got it…Nice shed though. And always cool to match them up. Nice job

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Congrats on your sheds! Man it doesn’t take long for the tree rats to get them though.

shednut
    22 feet up

Good finds! looks like some really nice mainbeams on that matched set Congrats

lick

Nice

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.