Shed #4 and 5

• ragerunner
    Winona, MN

I finally got a few hours to hit the woods and also found a new shedding partner, a 10 year old neighbor boy. This is his first year shedding and he had already found 3 dandies before yesterday. So we walk to my honey hole and I tell him two things: Always bring a camera for pictures and always be looking for 3 inches of tine. Sure enough, about 5 minutes in, he yells ‘I found one’. It was only a forkie, but we were both excited.

We continue the search, each taking nearby deer trails. I was letting him lead the way to get first crack at any lay-ups on my trail. A few minutes after the first shed, my trail intersected his. He had just taken 3 or 4 steps past the crossing, when I had to ask him how many inches of tine he was supposed to be looking for. He promptly answered ‘3!’. ‘Well, Isaac, how many inches is this one?’. Sure enough, he walked within a foot of this gem. I let him dig it out, both of us hoping it was a book shed. He looked like a dog digging a hole going after this one! It turned out to be another little forkie, but we were both happy to be on the board.

We did get blanked for the rest of the day, but I think I have hooked him!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Awesome! So is that his footprint right next to it?? Man, makes me wonder how many I’ve walked past over the years.

And, I can’t wait to take my boys out! Good to see a youngster getting into it that early! Congrats on the finds!

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

Quote:

Awesome! So is that his footprint right next to it??

Yes!

Oh yes, we’ve all walked by them plenty of times!

shednut
    22 feet up

Nice finds and way to go getting the youngster involved

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

x 2 my hats off to you for taking the young man with you

lick

Quote:

X 3 Nicely done !

coppertop
    Central MN

Good finds!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

That’s good stuff RR! Congrats on your two shed finds and great job getting the young one out!

huntalot60
    wisconsin

way to go, this way better than any video game. unless they come up with a game called shed hunting for the off season lol

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.