First Shed Buck

• dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Thanks for sharing that Shawn.

I breezed through it, but fish #14 really caught my attention. Crazy movements on that one. I need to dig into this one a little deeper.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sure, I see this post at bed time

Thanks for posting it Shawn.

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Thanks, Shawn. I found the study very interesting.

superdave
    NE IA

Thanks for the post Shawn. That was some very interesting reading.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Shawn, you have officially been named cat poster of the week. I have been waiting for someone to dig up a new study!

I’d give you the Golden Flathead picture, but I’d have to dig it off the backup drive.

It’d be interesting to match water temps up with the movements.

pool5hunter
    South East,Mn

Thought I would post my first pic of a little shed buck. I might have to get out and check the local trail, that would be a early find for me. I also included a pic of a young doe that is injured. What do you think the wound is from? I think she looks pretty healthy, you agree or should I try to shoot her?

lick

Great pics thanks for sharing

Not sure id run out looking for 1/2 a forkhorn quite yet

Looks like a nasty gash on the doe but she seems to be fine hard call

pool5hunter
    South East,Mn

Man i’m getting the fever bad. Seen a couple others with half racks but can’t prove they shedded or broke them.

coppertop
    Central MN

Ouch, Better to have that wound this time of year vs. warm weather and insects. I say get out and be the first of the year to post a shed.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Over the past week I have counted 7 bucks that have shed both antlers. 6 of the 7 were spikes or small forks, and Im not sure on the 7th as that was the first time I had seen him. I thought it to be kinda early to see that many but than again this hasnt been quite the normal year either.

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

I haven’t found any sheds yet this year, but the last two years I’ve found them before New Years. I just put my trail cam out to my shed location and had 5 scrub bucks in two days. I have seen a few shed bucks already, but it is a little early for the big numbers.

martysddw
    EC, Wisconsin

If I was out there and had a doe tag I think I would pile her up, tough call indeed. I know the food pantry’s are hurtin’ for venison this year like a lot of people. Might be a good opportunity to get them one.

bigfoothunter
    Whitewater Valley

God….just seeing that pic makes me want to call in sick and go shed hunting ……get to it before the tree rats find it

Anonymous

i would say the wound on the doe has a story that goes something like “archer shoots doe with expandable broadhead that malfunctioned.” Shed hunting? If you are in the woods this time of year might as well take the bow if your looking for antlers…

muskybones

i would shot her. Get them sheds:)

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

i would say the wound on the doe has a story that goes something like “archer shoots doe with expandable broadhead that malfunctioned.”

Why start a fight on the eve of a holiday? I bet the story went like “lazy drunk rifle hunter made a poor shot from his truck window.” We are all hunters and need to do the best we can to protect our sport. All the in fighting will be our demise.

little_g
    durand WI

I had five bucks behind my house last night all had their head gear yet.

With all the corn standing and not so cold winter yet they will most likely hold the for them for a bit.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.