Shed dates

• john_steinhauer
    p4

Just was wondering what the earliest anyone has found fresh sheds or got cam pics of a buck that has lost one or both thought this be kinda cool to see what people have found in the past

red_lab
    Winsted,MN

In 05 I shot a very mature buck w/o head gear in South Dakota with my doe tag new years weekend. Had bases the size of a chew tin and was no longer bloody so it seams they had been off for a while.

lick

Found a matched set in my backyard Dec 15 2007

I believe weather plays a huge part in when they drop the worse it gets the earlier they drop

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Late December (27th-30th) I found a shed in ND while bow hunting. I’m with Gut, besides weather I believe stress is another major factor and those two can be tied together.

shednut
    22 feet up

The last two years I’ve picked up my first fresh shed on the seventh of January. I agree with the other statement that stress is a major factor. With all the standing corn, lower doe population(in Wisconsin at least), the majority of the bucks shouldn’t drop very early.

It can’t come soon enough in my opinion….i’m counting down the days

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

WHOA! Settle down SHEDNUT. Your time will come. Let me get in some late season hunts before the sheds start dropping!

shednut
    22 feet up

Quote:

WHOA! Settle down SHEDNUT. Your time will come. Let me get in some late season hunts before the sheds start dropping!

Hahah ya I can wish for an early drop all I want but I don’t figure it will do any good. Best of luck to ya Rob!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

You too, just not any luck for you until after January 3rd.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

In 05 I shot a very mature buck w/o head gear in South Dakota with my doe tag new years weekend. Had bases the size of a chew tin and was no longer bloody so it seams they had been off for a while.

That’s a kick in the pants…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.