Devil’s shed

• umichjesse
    Plymouth

I was steelhead fishing on the North Shore last weekend and I found what can only be described as a devil shed. I have never found a button buck skull. Is this what they look like? I would have thought that the base would be kind of bumpy like the base of normal antlers. However, I suppose if it was a button buck and the antlers never really broke the skin, then they might look like this.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

That is odd..I’ve never come past anything like that. Another question: How is that thing hovering in mid-air?? Maybe it is a devil shed!!

umichjesse
    Plymouth

Ha! In the pic, the skull is hanging on a branch. The flash darkens everything in the background.

I left the skull hanging, so if you find it, you have found a secret steelhead creek, where when there is enough water there will always be a fish or two, but never have I found anybody else fishing them.

coppertop
    Central MN

Umich, I make it up there every year for the steelhead and looper action too. Why is it I find deer skeletons when hiking upstream almost evey year??? Do you find it the same?? Soooo I just might know your river! BTW, for the first time in years I’ve decided to take care of some long overdue chores and skip this year, how was the action and do you mostly fish yarn or whats your choice?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.