Selling on Craigs List?

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Is Craig’s list still a good place to sell quads and trailers?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Craigs list seems to be falling off. Now most sell on Facebook marketplace. Way more daily views than craigslist. I still often look at both, but Facebook marketplace seems to have way more items listed.

mojogunter

You will still get the spam crap fake buyers, but craigslist is where I have sold my last two boats. I thought for sure walleye central, or Facebook market place would have been where the buyer would have come from, but I was wrong.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I have been looking for a SxS for a little while, mostly looking on Craigslist. While I do find some on there, my wife seems to find more on Facebook that what I see on Craigslist

I dont have a Facebook account

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

It only takes a couple of min to copy your ad and place it on both. IDO also works for outdoor stuff. Craigslist doesn’t seem to get as much posted on it as it used to but is still used. I am looking of some stuff and look at CL every day. I am almost ready to make a fake FB account to check out the marketplace. My wife won’t let me use hers. Something about getting Ads after I do.

Adam Steffes

Facebook marketplace seems to work well for me for selling things. You can sell things in minutes or hours on there. Lots of outdoor folks with burner accounts out on facebook just to get to marketplace.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

The last few things I’ve sold I’ve posted to craigslist and to my wife’s facebook account. Craigslist seems to produce more serious buyers, I’ve completed all of my recent sales there. Facebook gets attention, lowballers, no-shows, etc. I guess that’s the difference IMO.

stevenoak

Facebook has more traffic. But knock on wood. The responses I’ve got on Craigs list has resulted in half the responses equaled a sale. Seems more people are looking for what you have. Facebook may have more lowballers or resellers looking for cheap stuff. A lot of the stuff people just want gone. I only respond to local phone calls, cash in person only. Hope this doesn’t jinks it!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Thanks guys.

dbright
    Cambridge

I use both to sell but I prefer to use fb. You can screen who you are giving your address out too.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I sell stuff on Craigslist all the time. Being I don’t have Facebook so no market place. Craigslist isn’t what it used to be. But it still sells. I bought a motor off there not to long ago for a 250r. And I’ve sold tons of stuff on it.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

Be sure to flag all the poop on craigslist, too many wannabee dealers selling as owner, things posted in wrong category- face it dirt bikes, motorcycles, golf carts, do not belong in ATV/UTV/SNO category

Coletrain27

Craigslist is not as good as it use to be but it’s still ok. I list things on both CL and marketplace. Marketplace has scammers also that want to send you a check and have somebody else come pick up your stuff. I just had some lady try scamming me tonight on marketplace like that

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Marketplace has scammers also that want to send you a check and have somebody else come pick up your stuff. I just had some lady try scamming me tonight on marketplace like that

How many more years do you think they are going to try and work this same scam. The first time someone tried it on me must be over 10 years ago. They are not bad at sending the checks but I am very forgetfully at cashing it.

AK Guy

Craigslist still works for me. A lot of garbage inquiries, but there are legitimate buyers on there.

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>
    Marketplace has scammers also that want to send you a check and have somebody else come pick up your stuff. I just had some lady try scamming me tonight on marketplace like that

How many more years do you think they are going to try and work this same scam. The first time someone tried it on me must be over 10 years ago. They are not bad at sending the checks but I am very forgetfully at cashing it.

haha there must still be people falling for the scam since they keep trying it. I think they are the same people that call about your cars extended warranty

KPE
    River Falls, WI

In my experience, a lot of that traffic on marketplace comes late on Friday evening, typically around the first or 15th of the month. A lot of people get that paycheck, have a few drinks and think “oh yeah papa’s buying a new boat”. The marketplace weekend warrior soon realizes it’s not in their budget and turns into a no-show when it comes time to take a look and make a deal.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Just bought a desk on CL and will be picking it up tomorrow. Better than spending 400 bucks on one and then trying to assemble it.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Anybody use OfferUp? My daughter has bought a lot of furniture, outdoor stuff, etc.

Pete

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m going to try IDO first then CL if necessary. I just added it to IDO. Fingers crossed I can find someone here before opening it up to the masses.

tim hurley

Seems like stuff sells fast here on IDO.

AK Guy

I’d use every available option to list what you’re selling.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.