Seen a prime example of stupidity today

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Lot’s of cabineers suck. With the notable exception of me of course. jester
    [/quote]

I’m at the cabin and the Bar was open last night, me, the Owner and 2 locals.
    They all drank for free and the Bartender got a honey bee for a tip.
    Me, I walked away with a couple spots to fish today. wink

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

Maybe if they heard something like 3 quick shots, it would shock them back into sanity.

stevenoak

I’ve owned about 20 pieces of property. Had neighbors dispute the property line about half the time. I never was the one to bring it up. Only difference. I pheasant hunted with 3 land surveyors. Knew where the lines were every time, and they were wrong. Usually, only few feet, on an acre plus lot. My standard answer was to show them the stakes. Politely tell them I’ll quit mowing it if they want to. And that I don’t think either one of us will take it with us when we die. Only the last one had anything to do with fencing or building something.

castle-rock-clown

You are dead right Mr Beads. And heaven forbid someone makes a deadly mistake. Although you will still be right, you’ll also be dead… but hey, exersize your freedoms. Can’t reverse or sue your way out of dead. If absolutely final.

Beast

You are dead right Mr Beads. And heaven forbid someone makes a deadly mistake. Although you will still be right, you’ll also be dead… but hey, exersize your freedoms. Can’t reverse or sue your way out of dead. If absolutely final.

you may of missed the part where this property is posted,”No Trespassing” they had no business being there to begin with.

Deuces

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>castle-rock-clown wrote:</div>

you may of missed the part where this property is posted,”No Trespassing” they had no business being there to begin with.

In their mind they thought you were on their land. Plenty of other stories going the other way to beast, of folks marking off $hit that ain’t theirs. Seems like they also had the intention of setting their ground right away, and if they are “city folks” who don’t want people hunting what they think is their property from day one they have that right. Not saying I’m for or against but this is the good ol U S of A and you do what you want with your own dirt.

I agree with you castle rock, never said I do go out and exercise my right, I have half a brain at least that works I think. There are some nice shore spots in late fall I don’t go to in fear of some trigger-happy redneck sticking me with an arrow. Oh well, I got other spots waytogo

Beast

Mr beasds, I take the term “redneck” as a compliment, working all my life for everything we own! other than screwing up our hunt for a few days with their stomping around, there was no harm, no foul. side note, when locating stakes I found what I believe to be his blind located on his side of the property, and without going onto his property it appears his only shot would be on my property. In my opinion, he should of contacted me in the first place to established the lines together, hopefully they will be around this weekend so I can show him where the stakes are, I spent the last few days locating, flagging, and brushing them out so they can be easily be found.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Oh boy i sat on a jury trial over a land dispute . The new neighbor was suing for “adverse possession” an obscure law in Wisconsin . Sure enough the guy pulled the survey stakes . I testified when i hunted there years before that, the line in question was actually a make shift containment fence for livestock . The new owner said it was the property line . Most of the wire was down and was attached to trees not even fence post. Needless to say costing 10 of thousands of dollars for both sides. The guy lost big time . Found out later he had sold that strip of land and misrepresented the property to the new owners . And was once again embroiled in a dispute .

castle-rock-clown

A trespassing sign is not a guarantee someone won’t trespass either knowingly or unknowingly. And a trespass sign will not stop a bullet. Bullets don’t respect property lines. They will fly until they hit something, God forbid human flesh.

Beast

the point being, use some common sense,it no secret that deer hunting is going on when everyone in these parts are dressed in orange from head to toe .It’s drummed in our heads to know your target and whats behind your target, But when you dress in colors that blend in with the background, it’s pretty damn hard to pick up your outline 200-300 yrds. out in a wooded area.

Beast

the point being, use some common sense,it no secret that deer hunting is going on when everyone in these parts are dressed in orange from head to toe .It’s drummed in our heads to know your target and whats behind your target, But when you dress in colors that blend in with the background, it’s pretty damn hard to pick up your outline 200-300 yrds. out in a wooded area.

Deuces

It’s common sense for someone like you, or many others you may know, but it’s simply not the case for others, many others. With numbers growing more and more everyday, and with the pandemic displacing them into “your” country I’d start getting used to it.

I drove from stone lake to Rochester Sunday of opener morning at dawn, only thing a person driving around would notice is alot of trucks pulled off the highways. Not much orange around bc they’re all in the woods! Besides I think most us city folk think orange and camo are just fashion statements for country folk lol.

I see more arrogance on your part than ignorance on theirs.

Beast

well, Mr. Beads, we’ll just have to disagree,we do everything possible to gave a safe hunt, with today’s technology they should have a working knowledge of finding their property just off their phone! To see a man dressed in orange holding a rifle in the middle of the woods, you can almost bet he’s not out there to peal potatoes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had that happen to me last Friday. I was deer hunting with ML on a MN State WMA, and me and another guy arrive at the same time ( after sun up). I asked if he’s hunting, he said no, just going to walk the dog in a =grassy area. I asked if he minded I I hunt and advised him of the blaze orange requirement. He said in a joking way, “just don’t shoot me” I told him no problem. You just have to wonder???

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Beast, did you get things cleared up with the new neighbors? I still can’t believe she thought she could steak off the line wherever she liked.

Beast

Beast, did you get things cleared up with the new neighbors? I still can’t believe she thought she could steak off the line wherever she liked.

sadly not yet, they didn’t come to their cabin, and I have no way to contact them, I guess I’ll have to wait util they contact me, or I can catch them at their cabin.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

good luck

robby
    Quad Cities

I hope you can rectify this and all can move past it. It is always good to get along with and trust your neighbors. But sometimes……. If my optimism is not realism in this case. Get the law involved and be done with it. Good luck. Sorry to hear you have a headache like this.

Viewing 18 posts - 31 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.