Custer State Park fishing?

• laxpatrick
    La Crosse

Going to be out for a week with the wife and the horseys. (French Creek Horse Campground) Would like to offset the days of riding with some fishing. Wondering about the fly fishing (streams and lakes), depth/type of streams, whether I can use a float tube on the lakes if so inclined, other fishing, etc.

Thanks!

LAXPatrick

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

It’s been a while (6-7 years maybe?), but when we went out there we had our best trout fishing in the lake with all the rocks in it (can’t remember the name? it was up by the needles). I honestly don’t remember what we were using either, but there were a lot of people fishing and catching a lot of fish.

We did try stream trout fishing one day with the fly rods on a small stream in the park….only got one little one……and just about stepped on a rattle snake

jason26
    Cedar Falls, IA

i think jake is talking about silven lake or maybe horsetheif. spelling may be off but I think that is what he is talking about. the balck hills has some great streams. I always stay in the northern hills so this creeks may not help you unless you travel up that way but, rapid creek above and below pactola is good, rapid up towards mystic area is good. rapid at Placerville bible camp is good, and rapid down on hiway 44 is awsome. castle creek by mystic and upstream is one of my favorites. spearfish creek is also a great stream. for fly fishing i recommend rapid creek up by silver city take the road until it ends and fish there. If you dont make it up that way I probably didnt help but if you do these creeks will put out alot of trout.

laxpatrick
    La Crosse

Cool! Heading out tomorrow – thanks for the tips!

LAXPatrick

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Can anyone give me a fishing report for the Missouri river below the Oahe dam? I have been there several times times and have done quite well casting crankbaits from shore, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.