Looking for a Walleye/Phesant Trip

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I’m looking for a walleye and phesant trip…Please post any info you may have…

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Dave I do not know much about it , but I hear around Pierre SD, there are a few outfitters that do Pheasant, Deer and Walleye trips. I know that they have some great birds out there, The Missouri River goes through there and I know there is Walleye in dem’ waters, but I’m not sure on size. We used to his the Missouri around Bismark, but stopped going a few years back due to the size got quite small. I think the forage went bad (smelt I think). I have never hunted Bucks out there, but I hear good stories on them around there also.

I hope this helps a little! I’m sure if you do a search for around Pierre, somethng should come up????

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Call me some evening Dave. I can help you out. I may even join you if the timing is right. I’m thinking of forcing some of my buddies back home into a similar trip.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Man oh Man I wish it was for me…One of the guys that works at 3M was asking me if I knew of any place like this and I told him no,,,sorry,,,,but I knew where I could get the info !!!

OldCoot
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Thunderstick Lodge. It is pricey, but it is pretty much all inclusive. The lodge is wonderful and is located overlooking Francis Case. It is located south of Chamberlain a few miles.

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

Dave,

The Pierre area would be a good place to do pheasants and walleyes in one weekend. I’m from that part of SD (like Kooty) but now live in LaCrosse. If you find yourself headed that direction, let me know and I’ll get you in touch with my dad who still lives there. He’d put you on fish and would probably take you with him if you were not bringing your own rig. He could hook you up with a pheasant hunt (during season of course). June is the best month of the year for walleyes and this year is supposed to one of the best in a long time with the water being so low on Oahe.

I don’t know if you’ve ever fished out there, but river fishing out there is a lot different than here on the Mississippi. “What’s a wing-dam?”

Curt

ARCH
    southern minnesota

I haven’t been out to the misouri for a long time but last time I was out there they pretty much just troll with just bottom bouncers don’t they?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.