Scotch Ale….

• Jimmy Jones

Anyone tried this brew from New Glarus? I picked up a couple 4 packs and really like it. 9.7% alcohol though, so about three limit.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I have not tried that one. I do enjoy most whiskey barrel age beers and most are +8%.
    Central Water used to make one of my favorites until they reused the same barrel too many times. Now it just doesn’t have the same flavor.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I have not tried that one. I do enjoy most whiskey barrel age beers and most are +8%.

Scotch ale has nothing to do with Scotch whisky or whiskey barrel aging. Scotch ale is a style of ale that is very malt-heavy and tends to have a higher ABV than other ale styles.

My preferred winter ale for visits to the UK and Scotland was McEwans Scotch. I have never seen this beer available outside the UK.

Will have to see if I can find some of the New Glarus to try.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Need to make a beer run to Sconnie here soon. Like that Moon Man too!

-J.

Jimmy Jones

Will have to see if I can find some of the New Glarus to try.

Its in the Spotted Cow family and only available in Wisconsin. St. Croix Liquors in Prescott has the widest selection of New Glarus beer I have seen other than in New Glarus. And yes, that brewery is something to see and tour.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I havent tried the New Glarus one but have had a few Warped Speed Scotch Ales from Lake Louie Brewing. Its only 6.5%, lol. Its a good one but after a couple, its time for something else

zooks

New Glarus version is very good, Steel Toe in St Louis Park also has their Scotch Ale out right now, named Wee Heavy, has won a few fancy beer awards over the years.

It’s in 6 packs this year and worth it if you see it, they don’t distribute very widely though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.