Rainbow Delight

• markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

First things first, dropped off three smoked trout to landowner to thank them for allowing me access. Wife Lynn greatly appreciated the gesture and I’m sure husband will be happy too.

Water perfect condition. Fished 5:30 – 7:30. Caught and kept three rainbow trout. The biggest one had a fresh scar down to the bone. Assume bird. Maybe a snapping turtle, ran into a big snapper before I left. Photo did not turn out though. All rainbow caught on #9 Panther Martin 3/8 oz all silver (blue, red markings on silver blade). Caught a ton of chubs too on the spinner which is unusual. All the fish aggressive. Leeches and worms only caught chubs, not trout. Zero brown trout caught or sighted, however after I had three felt like calling it a night.

Felt like I was in the army. Hard to find your foot step in tall grass. I got a good workout in the brief two hour trip. Although dew point dropped it still felt sticky. Glasses were fogging up often.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Sounds like a good time dude…

And I HATE it when my glasses fog up. That kept happening to me the other night when we were out catting.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Got to love those Rainbows. It been to long since I’ve chased them. May have to set aside a day soon to get after them. Like the pictures!!!!!

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Yeah sent me a PM anyone who wants advice, locations. The way I see it my trout stamp pays for these catchable rainbows, might as well eat them. Holdover is minimal so either I eat them or birds eat them.

Gonna smoke a big batch tomorrow. Hands down best way to eat trout. Have a good recipe (from Len Harris) if anybody wants it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.