Racine / Port Washington this weekend?

• whittsend

Heading to PW or Racine Friday night, fishing Saturday am. Any reports out of there recently? I hear there are some SE winds, so who knows what will happen this weekend, but if any of you guys have any insight, please post and/or shoot me a pm. I’m taking a few newbies out and am hoping to put them on some fish.

Lures, down depth and depth of water, speeds, etc, if possible.

Thanks!

Mike

freedomrock

Fished Port Washington Friday and Saturday this past weekend. 70-150′ and caught all our fish with spoons. Fishing was pretty good. 4 of us came home with 20.

Molly Hatchet was playing for fish day on Sasturday night -great show!

whittsend

Was the ramp closed this weekend? Fish days sounds like a good party, but they close down the ramp… Sort of frustrating that a festival celebrating fishing won’t let you launch for 2-3 days…..

Sounds decent… Many of the reports I’m getting are spotty.. Some guys doing very well, others really striking out. Some very experienced GL anglers only scratching a few at times.

SE winds and possible t-storms predicted this week – I can’t imagine that kind of weather will be very good for the fishing, but we’ll find out when we get there.

If you happen to get out again or hear of any other reports, I’d appreciate the info. Any / all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Mike

whittsend

Quote:

Fished Port Washington Friday and Saturday this past weekend. 70-150′ and caught all our fish with spoons. Fishing was pretty good. 4 of us came home with 20.

Molly Hatchet was playing for fish day on Sasturday night -great show!

North, South, or straight East of the gap??

Thanks!

freedomrock

North – didnt have to go far at all.

Your right about fish day and the ramp – they close it down, but only on Saturday. If you want to fish you need to find a place to moore the boat. Killer party.

whittsend

Heading back out tommorrow am through the weekend. Any reports??

Thanks,

Mike

whittsend

Thought I’d post my pics from last weekend in this forum as well…

2 boats, 2 guys per boat, 3 mornings fished… We went something like 45 for 70 for the weekend. 400+ lbs of fish – lots of real nice 15-17 lb kings. A handful of shakers.

Biggest king ~ 17lbs. Bigggest Brown ~12 lbs. Biggest Steelie, ~ 12-14 lbs.

Mike

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.