Grass Creek on Fire!

• markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Grass Creek on Fire!

Molten lava fire. 2 x 21 and 1 x 19. All male and chunky. 19″ was netted, unhooked, and measured. Then first photo he squiggled out of my hands and into the drink. Also a chunky 15″ that took a worm. All three big males took a #9 all gold. Heart pounding fun. Again and again my giant Frabil hoop net lands the fish. Brought my tripod but forgot the clip that screws into my camera. Hand shots. Really impressive front that turned the sky dark yellow and almost foggy in places. The big men decided to whack GIANT gold spinners.

Here are the photos of the two 21″s. First fish incredibly fat. Second fish really rusty colored. Both males.

FIRST FISH

SECOND FISH

Photos of the 19″ male not present because he slipped out of my hands and into the drink. Oh well, the two 21″s were captured on film. All three big fish released in FINE shape ;-)

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

well done on those trout there!! keep up the good work…

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

Where the heck is grass creek? Those fish are eating good.

little-t
    Plymouth WI

Beautiful! Keep the pics coming!

ozzyky
    On water

Nice BFT

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Thanks for your kind words Buddy Tony and I hit it last night. I was all out of PM gold 3/8 oz and of course the mailman was late and of course they showed up after we headed for the stream. I am blaming the mailman for no 20″+ on this trip. That said, the trip was a success.

First I got this 18″ brown on a worm. It is an eyeball estimate. Tony’s fish was next, another lip hooked worm and we did measure it out to be a perfectly fat T16.” Tony and I were thrilled. With both fish I jumped into the crick and got out my big [censored] Frabil net to land these nice fish. Mine actually wrapped around a log in an undercut bank and was stuck. I reached under wand unwound the line, next the fish shot between my legs and amazingly Tony was there to sweep the fish in the net. Nicely done!

Likewise, Tony’s fish was also a blast to catch. Jumping into the crick right away because it is just such tight quarters and so many things for a fish to get hung up on. The fish ran around all over but we luckily got the fish on shore. High fives. Two beers each out on the stream, bluebird skies and the vibrant green grass.

Later in the evening was a fantastic sunset to cap the night. A handful of other smaller fish were caught however a quality 16″ and a quality 18″ for each of us was more than worth our while.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.