May 3: Nice brookies and a 21″ female brown

• markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Fished with Tommy on Black Creek again. I lost what Tommy believes was the largest brook trout he has ever seen on this creek and he grew up here. So that was exciting. Tommy just got through back surgery on a ruptured L5 disc so he had to take it slow. Still Tommy ended up landing the nicest fish. For the better anyway, I hope he is not too sore tomorrow.

Earlier in the day I was back at Smith Creek. Fishing my way upstream I kicked up a pretty decent trout say around 16″ and decided to switch gears and try worms. Working my way upstream the 16″ fish never took but to my surprise this fat beautiful 21″ female brown clobbered it. Again just like my last outing with the giant carp, I felt out of control. Was this fish going to get away from me? She went just like a rocket trying to smash loose. At first based on the size of the fish I assumed it had to be a big northern. Nope, a big old brown!

Off to a good start this year. [biggrin]

bassless

Nice Fish, I had same back surgery in Febuary take care of that back. After a day of setting the hook I feel it.

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Quote:

Nice Fish, I had same back surgery in Febuary take care of that back. After a day of setting the hook I feel it

How long did it take to recover? My buddy is not doing well. Unbearable leg pain. Says if he does not get better in a couple of months he is going to take his own life. He is doing a MRI today. Hopefully the doctors figure out what is wrong because the surgery has yet to relieve the pain.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.