Centerville report.

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Was able to get out on Centerville for a little while this afternoon. Wow, there are a lot of people that fish this lake. Lake travel was a little slushy but still pretty easy to get around.

First spot I stopped at was a nice break from about 9′ to 15′. Found some fair sized sunfish in the 14′ range and lots of smaller fish as I moved shallower. Actually as I hit the 10′ range it was one fish after the other out of the hole but most where running small. It was good to still see some standing weeds in this area and I will be back to check on them again.

Next move was more out towards the center of the lake and with a little hole hopping around all the open holes it was pretty easy to locate more active fish. Still lots of sunfish here but there where a few crappies mixed in.

Check a third spot to in the center of the lake and still found the same thing. Lots of willing biters.

The action was very good today on Centerville. Glow diamond jigs with euro larve where the ticket again. One of my favorite lures. The fish where not to picky about presentation. If they didnt bite just move to the next hole and theere would be more willing biters.

All in all I was pretty happy with my first trip to this lake. It had a few more people on it than I like to fish around but it is a metro lake. Think Ill have to give it a few more try’s this winter.

Anyone else get out in the area this weekend?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.