Row the Boat 2023

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I thought that was a false start by the left end. He moved way before everyone else.

He’s been doing that all night.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Well, that was clutch.

I totally agree with the false start.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Are the Huskers trying to lose this game? Sure seems like it.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Storm the field!

My rodents complete the teaser Parlay with Gophers (pick), Gophers and Nebraska Under, Florida and Utah under.

applause

…the Big 10 West could be the worst it’s been since its creation

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

WOW. Can the Vikings sign that kicker in season????

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

That sleeper of a game sure got exciting at the end. The Goph’s are in trouble if they can’t figure out how to run.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Storm the field!

My rodents complete the teaser Parlay with Gophers (pick), Gophers and Nebraska Under, Florida and Utah under.

jester

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Row the boat! Ski u mah!!! Go Gophers!!!!!

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Nebraska with 4 turnovers…they invent ways to lose games.

We left the game early cuz our daughter was tired. Glad I missed the last few minutes.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Sounds like I missed a good ending. Glad it ended well because all the rest of the game I did watch was horrible. I really must not watch much college football because people are saying the gopher QB looks like he’s real good. I thought he looked horrible. At least through the 3.5 quarters that I watched. People always tell me watch college football, it’s way more exciting and there is lots more scoring. This one sure was not either of that. I’ll have to give them a 2nd chance and catch another game to see if this one was just a one off clunker.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Nebraska with 4 turnovers…they invent ways to lose games.

They were an FBS-record 2-13 in one-score games the past two years. Now they’re 2-14. They were up 7 with the ball under 3 minutes at midfield. Fumble. Gophers tie it. Then Sims throws an awful INT with under a minute left. Gophers FG for the win.

Then there was that debacle at the end of the first half when they were on the 2 yd line with 11 seconds left, commit a false start, and throw an INT. No points.

Ya, I’d say they re-invented the wheel last night on how to lose a game. Sims is a good runner, but he’s a terrible passer. New coach, same results.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I can certainly see how folks think PJ will rack up 8-9 wins.

dirtywater

If I have to listen to one more bit pumping up Deion and Colorado I’m turning the game off.

Holy crap yeah

Umy
    South Metro

Few things
    False start left end. How do they NOT catch that – doing it all game?!

Tired of hear g/seeing Deion too. Enough already.

Quarterback has a pretty good arm but we need some sort of run game. Pretty one dimensional otherwise.

NICE winning kick!

Hoyt4
    NULL

Both teams looked rough but no pre-season games and you can tell from that. Goph’s missing best linebacker and captain on defense and missing their best receiver . I think things will look better but many new players and need to find a good running game they usually have.

slough

That would be a miracle.

ThunderLund78

I went to bed at the end of the 3rd as the product was not engaging enough for me to keep my eyes open. But Happy to wake up to a win – just watched the recap to catch the ending. What are my top 8 takeaways?? I thought you’d never ask: cool

1. Mostly boring but good win – tough game to prepare for – gotta get division W’s.

2. Sold-out Gold-out my a$$! Red and maroon look the same on TV – you could hear the Husker fans. I bet it was 30+% Nebraska

3. Defense had some holes but came up BIG when we needed it. Our secondary is going to be fun to watch this year.

4. Props to our kicker for the win – and he’s got a big leg – but the 53 yrd miss was a dumb call by PJ to begin with. Defense playing good, punt it and pin them deep – I think PJ was sending a “we believe in you” message – it didn’t pay off.

5. Going to take a few games for leadership and rapport to develop, but love the new, multi-dimensional look of the offense. Kaliakmanis is a precision passer and he’s only gonna get better (grant-it that one pick was ugly)

6. Haven’t seen Sportscenter today, but 2 Top 10 plays should come out of that game – 1. the busted gadget play that Simms salvaged and embarrassed us with, and 2. Daniel Jackson’s unbelievable toe drag TD.

7. Give Matt Rhule a couple years with those young guys and Nebraska is gonna be a force to be reckoned with in the West (or however the Big 10 is divided up in 2-3 years)

8. Deion Sanders may be be certifiably insane.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Unless something changed, you get wins one at a time. woot Now we all know you had them losing so, being wrong is OK too. jester

Can’t wait for the whole team to play.. after this preseason. coffee

CaptainMusky

I was saying before the game that RB was my biggest worry and what was the biggest issue last night? Running the ball. They did get a key 11 yard run at the end so maybe it can come around, but the days of Ibrahim are long gone where we can count on 150 yards from him.
    AK threw some very nice passes, but also some questionable ones. That Jackson TD was unreal, the route, the catch, the toe drag.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That was a big win last night, it’s ok to enjoy it. rotflol Now they have 2 more easier games vs Eastern Michigan and Northwestern and a bye before they run the gambit down the home stretch.

As someone who appreciates defense I thought that was an entertaining game. Gophers dominated the first half but couldn’t finish drives, and Nebraska dominated the second half before choking it away. Sims, Neb QB, is a heckuva athlete but has a LONG way to go throwing the ball and reading defenses. Kalimakmanis (sp?) I thought looked pretty good for the most part, some really nice throws, a couple real bad ones, seemed to get through his progressions well and decent athleticism. They ran the ball decently in the first half, but seemed to get away from it in the second half. I know we discussed Spann-Ford previously, and the announcers kept saying how great he was, but he was just another guy out there…again. Going to need more from him.

Gophers Defense looked pretty dang good overall I thought, giving up a total of 295 yards.

big_g
    Isle, MN

It does seem for the last decade, we would have 2 good RB’s on the team and now, we are looking for who will be the 1 !!! crazy

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I was stuck in the traffic leaving work as I work at the U of M Hospital. Sat one black from my parking ramp for 45 minutes. Brutal. BUT, I was listening to ESPN and Fox Sports radio and they were all going nuts over that catch.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Tired of hear g/seeing Deion too. Enough already.

Yeah for everyone who complains about Fleck, there’s a million stories in all sports that get a lot more attention than Fleck, and Deion is one of them. I know the idea is to stir up intrigue and interest, but I often wonder if it leaves people burned out and sick of hearing about it before his team even takes the field.

NICE winning kick!

At least as it relates to Gopher football, but applicable to a lot of college football, the confidence and consistency around a kicker like this to run him out there is pretty huge. The Gophers haven’t had a lot of great kickers, I believe Santoso had a brief NFL stint. If this kid is pretty good that really changes the game plan, you know you can get some points as you get into opponents territory compared to knowing you’ll probably have to go for it on 4th down.

I didn’t see the vast majority of this game due to work. Did see the last few minutes, and after Nubin’s interception (he’ll be in the NFL next year) they showed Nebraska had 4 turnovers to the Gophers’ 1, I couldn’t believe they hadn’t taken more advantage of that.

But…..better to be 1-0 going into some cupcakes than already having a conference loss.

CaptainMusky

Gophers Defense looked pretty dang good overall I thought, giving up a total of 295 yards.

Yeah the defense could actually win us a few games this year. They have been getting a lot better in the last few years for sure. Lots of talent and the secondary just seems to keep putting out NFL caliber kids. That Nubin may go in the first round which for a gopher that doesnt happen often. I cannot remember the last one actually.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Bateman, And Winfield I think (May have been second round).

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That Nubin may go in the first round which for a gopher that doesnt happen often. I cannot remember the last one actually.

Yeah he’s a beast. Bateman, Maroney and Middlebrooks are the only 1st rounders this millenia, Boye and Winfield were both top half the second rounders from the defensive side drafted recently.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Winfield was low-30’s overall I believe, early second round. That was cool to see because he got drafted by the Tom Brady Bucs and played right away and has been great. Tyler Johnson also went to the Bucs in the 5th round that year. He eventually got released, played some with the Texans, and last I saw was playing with the Rams this preseason.

What sucks about Bateman is that Ravens fans think he’s a bust of a 1st-rounder so far. He’s been inured quite a bit, and I imagine it’s about a drastic change as you can get going from catching passes from Tanner Morgan to Lamar Jackson’s style.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The defense was actually the second best scoring defense in the nation last year. So it’s not like this is out of nowhere.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Hey, they won and in first place!! waytogo woot rotflol

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 484 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.