Spawning Carp

• protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Has anyone seen carp hitting the shallows yet or does the water still need to warm up a bit? The lake im targeting is extremely low with the little rain we’ve had and the creek channels are basically not flowing and super shallow so ill probably be hitting bays and coves leading to the creek. Any other suggestions or knowledge of water temps on lakes??

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

I fished Mille Lacs today in some brutal wind. Was looking for carp and they aren’t even close to coming in shallow up there yet. Metro lakes have been way behind so far this year as well. Seems like certain lakes they were shallow for a day or two then gone. Some stable warm weather should help.

birddog
    Mn.

I’ve hit two local lakes the last few days in search of gills and crappies, Annandale/Maple Lake area. The Carp were LOADED up in the shallows on both lakes. Drive by Buffalo lake and you can see them boiling along shore. So, at least in this neck of the woods the bays are loaded with carp. I spent a while trying to get a bite going on one of the lakes, problem was the carp were so thick, bottom so mucky that the fished turned the nice, clear water to black soup.

BIRDDOG

audemp
    Wi

They were all over the shallows of nakomis a couple days ago. Some that looked at least 25 lbs. I wish I had a fly rod…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.