Triple Lifelister

• castandblast
    Eau Claire, WI

I was delighted to break the triple barrier for myself last weekend. Not all of my new Lifelisters are super impressive but they were fun learning and catching something new for a change. I sought out new water in Thailand this weekend and found 3 new gold mines. One of them so impressed me that I’m planning a trip there this coming saturday. The other two were cool too. One of which I had a Giant Snakehead explode so hard on my prop bait that I’m still shaking from the eruption. My drag was too loose and I lost him in the weeds. He would have definitely been my personal best. That’s ok, because I know where he lives now. I’ll make my acquaintance known again.

This little guy is a Slender Rasbora. They are aggressive little fish and this is about the biggest size they attain.

This is a Swamp Barb. They get a little bigger than this one but my first by hook and line.

This is a Nandid Tiger Perch. This fish is probably the closest one to our Sunfish species back home. A half pounder is a good one.

A Thai Fisherman had a mixed bag of Eye-Spot Barb, Marbled Goby, Rasbora ,Glass Perch, Swamp Barb, Loaches & Shrimp. These were taken by net.

What excites me even more than catching 3 new Lifelisters is finding this hidden away, little know, unmapped waterway. On all of my maps I have been unable to find this lake. I stumbled across it when this Thai man decided to help me catch fish. He told me that he has never seen a foreigner back in his village before. That is probably why I got all of the stares I did when coming through town. This very small village is about 2 miles from this lake. I can’t wait to put 21st century fishing technology to work here. I have a boat now with my Minnekota I brought from the States. I can hardly contain myself. I just might be the first foreigner to ever fish this lake.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

What a great set of photos and story. The Barbs look familiar. I had rosy Barbs in my community tank. Thanks for the insight in your world.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Thats neat. Just curious as to how the locals cook those lil guys? (minnows to us I guess)

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Congrats on the life listers! I always look forward to seeing what you are going to catch next over there.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Congrats on the life listers! I always look forward to seeing what you are going to catch next over there.

Same here!!! I love seeing the updates and the descriptions that go along with them!!!

castandblast
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

Thats neat. Just curious as to how the locals cook those lil guys? (minnows to us I guess)

I have seen just about anything you can imagine. For example there is Barbequed fish, Fish in soup (very common), Sun dried fish, Fish Laab (fish in like a hotdish), Padak (This is rotten fermented fish. This is very popular and eaten often. I don’t particularly like it. You can also get liver flukes from this stuff )

Here is a market pic of some sun dried fish.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I can’t wait to see your report next week. Good luck!!!!!

audemp
    Wi

Let us know how your boat works out!

audemp
    Wi

Thanks thats awesome. I hope to catch a Wels Cat soon on my next trip to Turkey. Now that would be fun!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.