March Madness Spring Walleye Run Rock River WI

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Just kidding Ed, good luck Friday.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

OK Guys, thanks for the info. Will post if I get out this pm. Hey Mike, I thought you were gonna be at Red Wing this week, or is that next??

lundmann23
    Franklin

my brother conned me into helping him out on a guide trip on sunday. we’ll be down by genoa. hoping to get up there soon but work is starting to get real busy. hammered them at the fox last week. suppose to be up there now but my partner had a little too much to drink last night. it was his b-day. probably hit up the rock with everyone else tomorrow. i’ll be in the 17 ft lund with 135 opti and 9.9 kicker, say hello if you see me!!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Wonder if Ed caught fish this afternoon?

lundmann23
    Franklin

jeff, you gonna be out tomorrow, i’m hoping to get an early start!!

lundmann23
    Franklin

actually, just talked to my buddy and we decided were gonna fish the afternoon and into the evening. try it after dark once!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

You never get a early start. I knew you would change your mine and do the afternoon bite.

I can only fish Sunday afternoon, we fish and I will be out after 3:00 Sunday.

lundmann23
    Franklin

fished from 3 until 9 yesterday. terrible, terrible, terrible. not 1 fish caught nor did i see any caught. either i’m off in lala land or the fish just don’t like me. tried lots of spots and lots of presentations. i think i’m done here until the trolling bite picks up. i had a water temp of 51, thought my locator was off so i checked with the front locator, same thing. either the run is over or it is just plain bad fishing.

hard-water
    Milwaukee, WI

Bola invited me to go out fishing with him last Thursday. Ended up with 4 keepers. First time vertical jigging on the river. Got fish on various colors. Had a great time and learned a couple of things as well. If you ever get an invite from Bola, take him up on it. Definately a good time. Thanks again Jeff. If ya ever need a fishin’ partner again, give me a holler.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Nope, Ed didnt make it out on Friday. Buddy ended up getting sidetracked with some work….. go figure. So still waiting for that maiden voyage on the Rock this season. However, gonna be at Genoa on Tuesday and Wednesday, so Mike, am very interested in how you guys did there?? And if I can get my boat together before the weekend, hope to hit the Rock on Friday.

lundmann23
    Franklin

i didn’t go but my brother still did. they caught 12 ranging from 14 up to 24. he said the best bite was early. they were pitching sand flats with ringies and pulling cranks. hes fishing there wed. thru sunday. hes fishing the WAT tourney on sat and sunday. water was 50 degrees. overall i guess it was pretty slow.

suprchef
    edgerton, wisconsin the county of rock

Wallyliner and I went out yesterday. It was a discouraging day to say the least. We ventured up river. We saw alot of people fishing from shore. I didn’t see them pull anything in while we were there. I did see one guy leave with a nice wallyeye on a stringer. They were throwing jigs along the wall. We went further up river to the bark river outlet and there were a few boats there also. Everyone had the same story and question “where did they go???” Wallyliner managed to boat a nice 18incher at 7am but the was the only one we boated. Good job Bro! Finally got off the river at 4pm.

hard-water
    Milwaukee, WI

Fished from shore on Sunday along 106. Saw 3 keepers caught. Nothing for me. Rain won and I went home.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Don’t feel bad guys it sound like everyone is having a tough bite right now. We Fish and myself also had a tough bite Sunday in the rain. But it was great to get out with We Fish and see his hands turn purple again. I think if he put his hands in the water and wiggled his fingers he would of caught fish.

Fishing will only get better guys hang in there and get ready to put the hammer down. I want to say thanks to all the anglers that are doing reports and keeping us up to date on this thread. Great job guys.

lundmann23
    Franklin

with the weather and temps going up and down everyday, and the water temp fluctuating, what does this do to the fish other than make them stop biting?

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

You said it all there. Just have to keep fishing until they bite again. I never wait until someone tells me there biting.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

A questions for you guys. I have heard several of you mention fishing the rock with jigs and I think you call it “ringworms”. What is that?

Just curious.

Diesel

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Diesel here are the way I use the ringworm and what jigs I use. The jigs are the Nuckle ball jig and the Nuckle ball Zone-R jig that work awesome. They do have the display of Nuckle ball jigs set up at Barths Hardware store in Fort Atkinson now. As far as the ringworm you can order them at http://www.bfishntackle.com

Quote:

A questions for you guys. I have heard several of you mention fishing the rock with jigs and I think you call it “ringworms”. What is that?

Just curious.

Diesel

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Thanks for the info gentlemen. I would have never have thought about using a plastic worm for walleye on the Rock. Is there a certain time of the year that this is productive. I am not asking for secret spots or techniques but I am may give it a try if I can every get out to the river again.

Thanks again for the education.

Diesel

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I have my best luck with plastic in the fall but I know there is a spring bite on these ringworm which I have not figured it out yet. But give me some time and I’ll get there. I’m going to try some this weekend.

lundmann23
    Franklin

i’m heading to the rock right now. i was pitching some ring worms a while back and the white bass and sheeps head sure liked them. no walleyes though. i’m sure they will be in my arsenal today. will report later!! jeff, call me if your out!!

suprchef
    edgerton, wisconsin the county of rock

After impatiently awaiting my film to be developed, I finally have a pic of the 27″, 9.5lb walleye I caught At Blackhawk Island last saturday on a 3/8 oz pink lead head and an orange twister tail with a minnow tip. Enjoy!

z-man
    Dousman, WI

I fished all day Friday, and thought I posted on saturday, but must have goofed it up. So, here it goes again. It was SLowwww! Had plenty of hits, and some good ones, but only boated one male 14 inch eye that was spewing all over the boat. Lost two others boatside, and several on for a moment, and lost. Even with stingers, couldnt hang on to them. but for 9 hrs on the water, the bite was not consistent. So, all you walleye thinkers, what’s up with the very short hits?? Reserving their energy for things other than food, perhaps??
    Mike, saw several lunds out there on friday, but since we havent met, dont know if you were one of them. I was in a buddy’s 16 foot Monark with windshield, and two downriggers mountted on the back. Must have crossed paths, since we were all over that river between Blawkhawk and the Vets park. Jeff’s been kinda quiet on here, so either knocking them dead, or staying home to rest. what’s up, bola??

CConroy03
    Edgerton Wi.

I agree there Z-man!!!I’m Thinking he must be really busy at work …………….. I’m taking some younger kids out tomorrow…looking forward to that!!!!!! I have no kids
    . hope to put them on some fish???!!! bola where are you at!!!!!!!!!!!!

lundmann23
    Franklin

wow, we had a great day on friday. ended with quite a few fish and kept 4 eaters just over the 15 inch mark. z-man, i remeber that boat. we fished right in front of you when we tried 1 drift up river from the 26 by-pass. you were with 2 other guys. we were in the black lund. i think i gave you guys a little wake to fish in when i took off upstream. sorry about that!! i think i also saw you guys almost lose your trolling motor when you took off and forgot it was still in the water. we caught most of our fish in 10 feet or less. not sure where you guys were concentrating!! i thought that was the best fishing so far this year.

lundmann23
    Franklin

a little bird hunting from saturday!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I’m here guys I been so busy guiding and catching fish I haven’t had time to report. NO,,, if you believe that I have some land for sale down in Mexico . I had a rough couple of weeks trying to pattern fish and I’m not having much luck. Same thing happen last year, when the anglers on the wall downtown Fort start catching fish it’s stops for me. Then around mid April bang there on a frenzy again. I’m going to start a April thread so you anglers that know how to catch fish this time of year can post there. I want to Thank Mike & Ed for your reports. Ed your report sound like mine and for you mike, you where do I’m glad you caught some nice fish you deserve it.

lundmann23
    Franklin

jeff, did you fish this weekend? if so, how did you do where i was the day before? they were in there pretty thick. i can’t see them moving that quick but i guess i’m not a fish.. remeber those crappies that were on a terror last spring, i heard there starting to pick up a few nice ones so i might give it a try this weekend.

hard-water
    Milwaukee, WI

Tried it from shore yesterday in a couple spots. NADA. Went to Jefferson and same result.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.